Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Paint defect on delivery!

merco

Reactions
Word of caution: Inspect your paint carefully on delivery. I took delivery of my ST at night and didn't notice a small defect in the paint on the top front of the passenger door. I notice this about a week after I had the ST. It looks like the factory robots spayed over a surface that wasn't properly prepaired for painting. The dealer is being super responsive and has scheduled the door to be re-painted next week. They are providing a loaner car for the week that I'll be out of the ST. It's surprising to me that Ford didn't find this paint defect on the final delivery inspection. Needless to say, I'm disappointed that a brand new vehicle will be undergoing a door repaint. If I would have seen this defect on delivery, I would have refused the particular ST and waited for a perfect version to arrive. This vehicle also has all of the Sync software glitches and over boosted ABS brakes. So overall disappointed with this particular ST. See photos. IMG_2512.jpg

Attachments

Reactions
Oh wow that is horrible. Makes you wonder how something like this can ever get pass QA.

Reactions
That’s ridiculous, have you tried informing Ford about this directly? I would ask for one free car payment for depreciation because of the repaint.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
So sorry about your paint issues. I agree if you complain about it to Ford, they can probably give you something. Maybe even extend the warranty.

Last edited:
OP
merco

merco

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks, Guys for the suggestions, I'll contact Ford.