Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

P04DB Code

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I just installed the Fenfab v2 intake and charge pipe with HKS BOV. My car threw a P04DB code on the 3rd drive cycle. I'm sure I installed the intake lines correctly, but what might cause this? 1000004646.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
This connector appears to be unseated.

1710464641377.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Great eye Wafer! Tracked let us know if that fixes it…

OP
T
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
I just went out and re-inserted that connector and it appears to only go in that far before clicking on.

Could something with my evap purge valve be wrong with the intake and/or vacuum line install?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Was that sensor originally closer to the 90° fitting as in this picture?

Your code is a Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected warning, I've read the sensor also has a hall effect pickup that detects when the Vent hose is moved.

1710518830824.png

OP
T
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Ye
Was that sensor originally closer to the 90° fitting as in this picture?

Your code is a Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected warning, I've read the sensor also has a hall effect pickup that detects when the Vent hose is moved.

View attachment 22126
Yeah it was definitely facing in that direction and is no longer. Maybe I need to trim my hose so that it can be repositioned that way as the hose is too long to allow it to go back to that direction?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Ye

Yeah it was definitely facing in that direction and is no longer. Maybe I need to trim my hose so that it can be repositioned that way as the hose is too long to allow it to go back to that direction?
Yes try to reposition it to face to same direction and at the approximate distance from the fitting, hopefully it will clear the trouble code.