Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

P&L exhaust for Explorer ST

JBoysen

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Has anyone installed the P&L exhaust on the Explorer ST?? If so thoughts.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Has anyone installed the P&L exhaust on the Explorer ST?? If so thoughts.

I have been looking at it. Sounds good in this video but its a 2k gamble.

OP
JBoysen

JBoysen

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Sounds really good. I reached out to see if they had anymore sound clips but this is all they have. They specialize in Subaru's. Kinda weird that they made an exhaust for the Explorer ST. And yes it is a gamble of 2K.

bguild

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have one on order. But will be Spring before I get it installed.

OP
JBoysen

JBoysen

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Wish they had more clips to hear. Let me know what you think.

G’sCGST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
If you look at there system on the web site , it is a magnaflow mid muffler / resonator. And the 2 rear “mufflers” look identical to the vibrant ultra quiet resonators. Buy the parts take it to a shop and save a few hundred. Thinking about doing it mysealf actually, I think it sounds pretty good.

bguild

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you look at there system on the web site , it is a magnaflow mid muffler / resonator. And the 2 rear “mufflers” look identical to the vibrant ultra quiet resonators. Buy the parts take it to a shop and save a few hundred. Thinking about doing it mysealf actually, I think it sounds pretty good.
It sounds like a nice idea but there are very few shops capable of 3" mandrel bends here where I live as far as I know. Then sourcing all the stainless elbows, straight pipe runs and actually getting the alignment correct... why bother? All that trouble certainly not worth the potential money saved, what a few hundred? nah..

Reactions
It sounds like a nice idea but there are very few shops capable of 3" mandrel bends here where I live as far as I know. Then sourcing all the stainless elbows, straight pipe runs and actually getting the alignment correct... why bother? All that trouble certainly not worth the potential money saved, what a few hundred? nah..
Did you get it installed yet?