Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ordering Rant

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'm so disappointed in Ford right now...

I've now gotten 3 different delivery windows from Ford. Each one coming after the last. My vehicle hasn't moved from Illinois yet I'm just so frustrated. I live 5 hours away from the plant and it's just insane to me that Ford can't commit to actually fulfilling my order within the window they tell me.
I mean how shit do their management have to be to not get hard commitments from their shippers? If I tell you I will take x number of vehicles on this day out for delivery, you'd bet your butt I would do just that. I just don't understand how people keep overpromising when my vehicle will show up and do nothing to actually ensure it arrives when they say it will arrive.

Stop giving me delivery windows that you won't fulfill! Just that simple. I keep getting my hopes up thinking this will be the day, but nope... they push it out again.

I honestly don't think I could ever place another order with Ford again. Plain and simple... This whole experience has left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Have you ordered any furniture lately? :LOL:

OP
AndIAreSo
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You joke, but yeah we have. My wife and I recently moved and it took a full 6 months for our first couch to get here and a full year for our second one. It's nuts.

I find it really frustrating that Ford keeps sending me delivery windows, but each time we get to the end of one, they send me a new one. I'm getting really irritated. At this moment in time it will probably be a full year by the time we get our vehicle!

I don't really care how long it takes, but it's such a let down when they keep sending me delivery windows. Just stop sending them to me!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
When did you order it and can you post the configuration? I wonder whether there’s one item holding back delivery.

OP
AndIAreSo
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
My order: https://ordertrack.app/order/?order_number=1012&vin=1FM5K8GC7NGC03833

22' Explorer ST — Stone Blue Metallic
- 401A
- High Performance Package
- Premium Technology Package
- Twin Panel Moon Roof
- Roof-Rack Side Rails

Supposedly it's completely done, it's just awaiting shipment. There are a few other cars that the dealer ordered that were built around the same time and are also waiting to be transported. I'm sure they are just waiting to fill a truck to come up this way, but who knows.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Might have been jammed up when the railroads were preparing for strikes?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Ford just now announced they are sitting on 40-45,000 finished vehicles they can’t deliver for lack of parts. They say they hope to deliver most of them in Q4.

OP
AndIAreSo
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Ford just now announced they are sitting on 40-45,000 finished vehicles they can’t deliver for lack of parts. They say they hope to deliver most of them in Q4.
Where is the source on this? Is it Explorer specific? I can’t find any sources to back this up. According to support and the dealer, it’s done and prepped for shipping and already in its shipping stages. Not sure who to believe since the date keeps jumping around.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Where is the source on this? Is it Explorer specific? I can’t find any sources to back this up. According to support and the dealer, it’s done and prepped for shipping and already in its shipping stages. Not sure who to believe since the date keeps jumping around.

Ford warns investors of an extra $1 billion in supply chain costs during Q3
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/19/ford-warns-investors-of-1-billion-in-supply-chain-costs-during-the-third-quarter.html

DETROIT – Ford Motor on Monday warned investors that the company expects to incur an extra $1 billion in costs during the third quarter due to inflation and supply chain issues.

Ford said supply problems have resulted in parts shortages affecting roughly 40,000 to 45,000 vehicles, primarily high-margin trucks and SUVs that haven’t been able to reach dealers.

The company expects to complete and deliver the vehicles to dealers in the fourth quarter and is still projecting 2022 adjusted earnings before interest and taxes of between $11.5 billion to $12.5 billion.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My order: https://ordertrack.app/order/?order_number=1012&vin=1FM5K8GC7NGC03833

22' Explorer ST — Stone Blue Metallic
- 401A
- High Performance Package
- Premium Technology Package
- Twin Panel Moon Roof
- Roof-Rack Side Rails

Supposedly it's completely done, it's just awaiting shipment. There are a few other cars that the dealer ordered that were built around the same time and are also waiting to be transported. I'm sure they are just waiting to fill a truck to come up this way, but who knows.
I'm watching yours closely. My status was last updated on 9/12 and has been "In Production" since. The only unsolicited update I received from Ford was on 9/15 and it was a "sorry for the delay" email.

I've spoken to Ford Marketing via phone/chat and to the sales manager at the dealership. Chat and dealership state it's been produced but has not shipped. Ford Marketing gave me a delivery window to the dealership of 9/15-9/22.

Hope yours shows up soon!

OP
AndIAreSo
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
I'm watching yours closely. My status was last updated on 9/12 and has been "In Production" since. The only unsolicited update I received from Ford was on 9/15 and it was a "sorry for the delay" email.

I've spoken to Ford Marketing via phone/chat and to the sales manager at the dealership. Chat and dealership state it's been produced but has not shipped. Ford Marketing gave me a delivery window to the dealership of 9/15-9/22.

Hope yours shows up soon!
Any luck?

lol every delivery window comes and goes. I keep telling the dealer rep that fords word is a joke. I don’t trust the company anymore. Why give a window if you can’t honor that. Lol I can’t believe how much of a joke the whole thing is. I couldn’t live with myself if I tell someone a time frame and miss completely. Repeatedly. Lol it’s hilarious. I think we are on the 5th delivery window if IIRC. It expires tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll get another week long one which will come and go. I think I sit at 35 days now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any luck?

lol every delivery window comes and goes. I keep telling the dealer rep that fords word is a joke. I don’t trust the company anymore. Why give a window if you can’t honor that. Lol I can’t believe how much of a joke the whole thing is. I couldn’t live with myself if I tell someone a time frame and miss completely. Repeatedly. Lol it’s hilarious. I think we are on the 5th delivery window if IIRC. It expires tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll get another week long one which will come and go. I think I sit at 35 days now.
Nothing yet! I am on my 3rd delivery window for the ST.
ETA to dealer:
9/18-9/24 via chat
9/27-10/3 via email
10/5-10/11 via chat

OP
AndIAreSo
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
What an offing joke. Never again

eSTrella

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I think I lucked out finding the exact configuration plus more I picked up yesterday. Manufactured 10/28/2022

Stone Blue
401A package
Moonroof
Premium technology package
All weather floor mats
Rear HVAC with seat warmers
Roof rack rails

Only deletion are hot spot and hand free which seems to be ALL build based on my days of research

I was initially looking for carbonite gray but when I saw the stone blue in person, it was very unique