Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ordering 2021 ST - Street pack?

Hoofer11

Reactions
Finalizing my order for new Explorer ST. Any thoughts on the Street Pack? Better brakes are a big plus and the 21 wheels look great. Any significant difference in ride quality with 20's vs. 21's? Thanks for any input

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Must have in my opinion. The brakes are great and the stock 21" wheels are the first set I have no plans on replacing.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s too cheap of an option with too much included to pass on it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
must have street pack...

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I have to agree with @UNBROKEN, in my opinion it is a no brainer

OP
H

Hoofer11

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I ordered it with Street Pack. Should be ready in December. It's going to be a LONG couple of months!

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I also was settled on getting a black ST to replace my black 2017 XLT, but decided on this white ST with 20" wheels. Still has dual piston calipers and came with all other options. I was also able to get this one for $3K less than one with Street Pack that did not have bigger screen/massaging seats. Sort of a sleeper model. Attachmen.jpg

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Hello and Welcome. I too have the 20's on my ST and don't regret it in the least... :)

Reactions
My dealer was offering me a sweet deal on a courtesy car with no street pack. Couldn't do it. It just doesn't look nearly as good.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Had 21" wheels once. Was just not a fan. I went with the 20s on purpose.
What exactly was it that you didn't like about the 22" wheels ?

Jim

Reactions
Just dipped my 20s black and they look great. Almost better than the 21s IMO.

Not having the bigger brakes is a little bummer but the stock dual pistons do just fine with my driving habits.

I planned on getting rims when it was time to get tires so opting for the 20s saved me a little money since I didn’t NEED the bigger brakes and was planning on getting rims anyways.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just dipped my 20s black and they look great. Almost better than the 21s IMO.

Not having the bigger brakes is a little bummer but the stock dual pistons do just fine with my driving habits.

I planned on getting rims when it was time to get tires so opting for the 20s saved me a little money since I didn’t NEED the bigger brakes and was planning on getting rims anyways.
Did you have them powder coated or paint? Had my 20's powder coated and I'm happy with the results. IMG_1419 (2).JPG

Reactions
I plastidipped mine so they are more of a Satin black.. but I consider it a professional job since I do it right when I do it haha.

Ballin on a budget.

Those look real good though! I like the spoke design on the 20s better than the 21s personally.

I'll get a pic up later when I get to work.