Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ordered the Steeda Diff Brace and intercooler

Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
Hi Gents,

I ordered the Steeda’s new rear differential brace and intercooler durning their 4th of July sale.

The diff brace looks like a decent solution to the Explorer’s 3 bolt Achilles Heel. Especially when it is subject to the added torque of a IC and E30 tune.

I’m not looking forward to pulling the bumper off for the IC install, but it looks easy enough based on all the YouTube videos.

The Steeda intercooler and the Whipple look to be the same, but the Steeda unit was about 30% cheaper so I when that route. Any feedback on them?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Nice! Let us know what you think about the Steeda Diff Brace, I have the AWR but that looks really solid.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m always amused when people ask for feedback after they order something. Seems like that’s a question the be asked before…because what are you gonna do if everyone says your choice sucks? lol

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
Thread Starter #4
I’m always amused when people ask for feedback after they order something. Seems like that’s a question the be asked before…because what are you gonna do if everyone says your choice sucks? lol
Yeah could be, but Steeda has been around for a long time and I’m have bought from them before and have always been satisfied with their SN95 products

I guess let me rephrase the question what makes the Whipple IC better then the Steeda unit or worth the extra $$?

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
69 Mach 1
Thread Starter #5
Nice! Let us know what you think about the Steeda Diff Brace, I have the AWR but that looks really solid.
Will do, I really hated the idea of dropping the pumpkin on a hard launch so I wanted something to beef it up… so it was either a 9” swap or the Steeda diff brace….lol