Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ordered 22

Reactions
Anyone else ordered 2022 Ford Explorer ST in the month of December? Waiting for updates on mine. Ford confirmed order December 11th. The gave me a 6-10 week range.

Reactions
Yes. Ordered 12.22. Not expecting any info for a few weeks in regards to build. Not in any hurry to get it.

Reactions
I ordered mine on 12/21. When I got home I already had the Email from ford confirming the order. No other info.
Who gave you the 6-10 week range, Ford or your dealer?

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I ordered mine on 12/21. When I got home I already had the Email from ford confirming the order. No other info.
Who gave you the 6-10 week range, Ford or your dealer?
The dealer did.

Kino

Reactions
I received e-mail for production of ST on 1.6 for build on week of 3.14. Seems awfully quick.

Still not expecting it to be delivered until late April at the earliest, given all the problems out there. I was lucky with my '21 F-150 Lariat and '21 Bronco Sport BL.

Reactions
I got an Email on 1/6 as well, for a build date of the week of 3/28.

JANDJ

Reactions
Ordered 12/3, confirmation email that night, nothing since.

Reactions
I ordered my 2022 10/18 and was just now noticed that they would begin building end of March.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I ordered my 2022 10/18 and was just now noticed that they would begin building end of March.
I ordered mine a week after you and its sitting in my garage. Very odd its taking yours that long. Mine is fully loaded too.

Reactions
I ordered mine a week after you and its sitting in my garage. Very odd its taking yours that long. Mine is fully loaded too.
Pretty crazy to me how varied the experience is.

I bailed on my original August order because it still didn’t have a build date by December. Then I hopped on an order placed in September at a different dealership, it was built 12/8 - 12/17 and has been waiting to be shipped ever since.

The ETA keeps slipping; I sold my car in advance of the original 12/24 ETA so we’ve been stuck as a one-car family for a bit. First world problems I suppose…

Reactions
Anyone else ordered 2022 Ford Explorer ST in the month of December? Waiting for updates on mine. Ford confirmed order December 11th. The gave me a 6-10 week range.
I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. Here is where I am at

Attachments

Reactions
I'm going to call corporate again and complain.

Reactions
Pretty crazy to me how varied the experience is.

I bailed on my original August order because it still didn’t have a build date by December. Then I hopped on an order placed in September at a different dealership, it was built 12/8 - 12/17 and has been waiting to be shipped ever since.

The ETA keeps slipping; I sold my car in advance of the original 12/24 ETA so we’ve been stuck as a one-car family for a bit. First world problems I suppose…
Ugh, now showing 1/31 ETA.

I reached out to Ford via twitter; apparently they opened a case with their “specialized vehicle reservation team”, whatever that is….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Yes. Ordered 12.22. Not expecting any info for a few weeks in regards to build. Not in any hurry to get it.
Have you received any update?

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm going to call corporate again and complain.
Likely he had a higher priority code from his dealership

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Just got a update.
Mine is scheduled the week in March 7th!

Wamba

Reactions
Did all of you order a sunroof? If you did, that was the reason for the delay. It was on commodity hold (sold out part).... your dealer should start you at PC 10 then it will go up from there. Your progress through the build process is based on MANY factors. One of which is your PC code. Regardless of your PC, it could be moved to PC 2 and you could still be delayed due to a commodity hold. Parts are few and far between right now, its not only chips that Ford is struggling to get it's simple options across the entire Ford lineup.

I ordered mine 11/5, mine is in production. I should have it by mid Feb. I had a build date in Dec for Jan. But I chose to go without the panoramic vista roof. Ford just scheduled a lot of Explorers this past week that were delayed and they ALL had the vista roof.