Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Order confirmation

Reactions
Hi guys
I ordered a iconic silver ST on 7/20/21 though our local dealer via z-plan. It’s been over a month and my salesman claims it’s on order but is unable to give me the exact lease cost (as he claims the order may be accepted as a MY21 or MY22) and additionally cannot give me an order number or VIN, so I’m unable to track its progress/anticipated delivery date.

I get it that this is a weird year and new territory for the business. With that said, is this expected? 5 weeks after order should he be able to provide more info or is it that he just isn’t being transparent about what’s going on?

Thanks in advance

F=MA

Reactions
I am waiting for the 2023's :love:

Reactions
Hi guys
I ordered a iconic silver ST on 7/20/21 though our local dealer via z-plan. It’s been over a month and my salesman claims it’s on order but is unable to give me the exact lease cost (as he claims the order may be accepted as a MY21 or MY22) and additionally cannot give me an order number or VIN, so I’m unable to track its progress/anticipated delivery date.

I get it that this is a weird year and new territory for the business. With that said, is this expected? 5 weeks after order should he be able to provide more info or is it that he just isn’t being transparent about what’s going on?

Thanks in advance
It took me about 6 weeks to get a VIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I am waiting for the 2023's :love:
Not an option for us. Wife’s lease is up in December and need something bigger to accommodate the growing family.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #5

Good to know. I’ll give it a few more weeks until I turn the screws a bit more. Thanks -

Reactions

Same here 6 weeks to get a VIN. Ordered 6/25 and production scheduled for week of 10/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Same here 6 weeks to get a VIN. Ordered 6/25 and production scheduled for week of 10/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly the info I was hoping for. We should be about a month behind you - which would work perfect with our lease turn in planned for mid December.

Will yours be an MY21?

Reactions
Yes mine will be a '21. I believe someone on here had a production date a week after mine and theirs is a '22, I assume yours would be a '22 as well.

Reactions
6/25 was the last day for a MY21 Production vehicle, so you literally grabbed it on the last day.

OP, you'll have a MY22 vehicle.

Reactions
hah that's funny! talk about timing.

Reactions
mine ordered in mid July I was told shes a first week sept build and a 21, is that true?

Reactions
I ordered a 21’ June 4th and was told I have a build date the 4th week of September with an October 11th delivery date

Reactions
I ordered 07-31-2021 mine is being built as I type this. MY21

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I ordered 07-31-2021 mine is being built as I type this. MY21
Really? I have an order number but no VIN yet. When did you receive your order number/VIN for tracking?

Reactions
Really? I have an order number but no VIN yet. When did you receive your order number/VIN for tracking?
FRIDAY 09-03-2021. I had my ordered number when I placed the order but the vin that was on 09-03-2021.

Reactions
Mine started like that once I got my VIN, stating to check the window sticker below but there was no window sticker. A few days later the verbiage changed and it doesn't mention the window sticker anymore. Still no production date but I'm hoping that changes any day now.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
thanks for the info! Gonna turn up the pressure on my salesmen to get some answers.

Nice build! Looks sharp

Reactions
My build is in production. with my window sticker. Its my ST

Reactions
Thank you for the info from this thread! I ordered an 2022 Explorer ST on 8/21 and was wondering when I would get a VIN or order number. I'm currently coming up on the 6 week window so hopefully I'll have one soon.