Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Onboard video and dragy of 11.69 pass

Reactions
This was at Summit Motorsports Park at NMRA Ford Nationals. I was running True Street 12.0 class. This was my first qualifying pass and accidentally went way quicker than the 12.0 I was aiming for.

Whipple intercooler, AFE intake and colder spark plugs. Also removed the two rear captains chairs and spare tire thinking I would have trouble running the 12.0 after the 30 minute cruise we were required to take before our three runs in the event.

I ended up running 12.05, 12.11 and 11.80 to average 11.989 and miss out on winning the event by about 1 tenth of a second.

(1) Explorer ST running 11.69 1/4 mile vs Ecoboost Mustang at NMRA True Street Qualifying - YouTube

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
what do you think happened between the 11.80 and 12.11 runs?
did you do a run with seats and tire in? I never pulled my seats out but they cant weight that much do they?

you pulled that mustang in pretty good at the end. how did it get so far out on you?
who did your tune? you have pretty much what I am going to do also but Ill add 170 stat also.
thank you for video.
sorry for all the questions lol

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
what do you think happened between the 11.80 and 12.11 runs?
did you do a run with seats and tire in? I never pulled my seats out but they cant weight that much do they?

you pulled that mustang in pretty good at the end. how did it get so far out on you?
who did your tune? you have pretty much what I am going to do also but Ill add 170 stat also.
thank you for video.
sorry for all the questions lol
The 11.80 run I launched at 2500 rpms, the 12.11 I launched at 1900 rpms.

Previous trips to the track I've run 11.84 with the seats and spare tire in. Each rear captain chair weighs 60 pounds.

The goal of this specific event is to average exactly 12.0 on the three back to back runs without going under, so I used my four qualifying runs friday and saturday to launch at four different rpms (2500, 2300, 2100 and 1900) to see what times it would run at each so I could adjust accordingly during the event.

Reaction times to the light do not matter during this event, so I paid no attention to the light. I just waited for the lights to flash and then made sure I was at the exact rpm I wanted before I launched, so the mustang had a good second and a half head start on me.

This event I was running ZFG e50 tune. I also have a gearhead E30 tune but it is not dialed in yet and is about 2 tenths slower right now. I wasn't comfortable with trusting that tune to average 12.0, but it is a very good tune. Biggest difference is gearhead uses SCT instead of HP tuners for the device.

No worries on the questions, I've been there myself. lol