Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ok, so hear me out

Reactions
I don't have any experience with this whatsoever so, I was wondering if any of you know for sure.

Do aftermarket auto warranty company's cover damages resulting from aftermarket tunes/parts?

Example, if I get a ZFG tune and the added power/torque destroys a turbo or the transmission. I know Ford wouldn't pay, but if I purchased an aftermarket powertrain warranty after installing the tune, would that warranty cover the damages?

Trying to see if this is a potential "work around" to adding a tune, but not losing warranty coverage. If so, I may cash in my extended Ford warranty and buy an aftermarket warranty.

Reactions
From my business manager who sells aftermarket warranties... still a gray area but if you were to flash it back to stock before any dealer repairs and such... the after market warranties won't look into it as hard as Ford would.. if that makes sense.

Reactions
I don't think you're going to destroy anything. I have a zfg tune and it hasn't hurt anything yet. I have done a handful of wide open throttle pulls and now I just roll onto the throttle in second or third gear. To me that's more fun than jumping on it full throttle. Take a look at sstocks YouTube, he beats the hell outta that thing and it's till running strong. Not sure if that helps but that's my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

F=MA

Reactions
ZFG E50 tune for a year. The most stress the vehicle sees would be dialing in the tune. I like the roll and go method also. Why put the vehicle through all that stress when unnecessary. Newton's lost law, a vehicle not in motion tends not to want to be in motion. That includes running on the dyno (tire blowouts and strap breaks). Days of twisting driveshafts in two are hopefully behind me.