Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

OEM Wipers Blades (Fluid)

Reactions
Like almost everyone else, I complained about my OEM wiper blades, specifically the drivers side. It seemed like after a few months every time the wiper blades would wipe back down it left a horrible streak right in the middle of the windshield. I often thought about calling the dealer to complain but never did. Now with 13,250 miles, I received a warning that the fluid was low. In a hurry I refilled with plain water until I could get to the store for more washer fluid. Every since I put the plain water into the tank, the wiper blades work perfectly. It left me wondering if the fluid (Rain-X) I was using was causing the issues. Just a thought but it seems like I have brand new wiper blades again.

Last edited:

Taz

Reactions
My OEM wiper blades sucked from day one. I changed them out with Bosch Focus blades after a couple months of getting the car. Everything's great now. I didn't try straight water but Rain-X has had a lot of problems with causing insulating of the wiper fluid sensor and being able to read the conductivity of the water. Also heard of issues of residue causing smearing. I believe they have some class action law suits ongoing about that.
Jim