Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Not sure why my IP was banned on my first account.....

Kram

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Sorry if i broke some rules im new to forums...but i bring alot to the table...I'm a IT guru, and welding engineer, and a serious web searcher. I believe i was banned from my first account because I shared a link to a site that i use to experiment on what i may want to do with my Ford. Sorry if it looked or appeared i was trying to sell something.....I am not!!

I just bought a 2022 Ford Explorer ST... I was hoping to make some contacts only to share issues and fixes if they arise.

Thank you

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Can you PM me your IP and what was your first account?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If you open 3 new threads in a very short period of time with a single post in each, touting an Amazon link- you look like a troll. If you then post the same link in another thread that already exists you look like a troll. And...if one of the threads you open has the exact same name as an active thread minus Capitalization, you look like a troll. I'd expect an "IT guru" to understand that especially when they mention "Sorry if it looked or appeared i was trying to sell something". And if you're such a newb, how would you come to that conclusion?

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Once you've gotten back on the forum, bringing it up in the open forum isn't in the best taste either. It would be better to have that conversation with the ADMIN in private (PM). I'd think an IT guy might know this.

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
How many new users in their first 4 posts, post basically the same thing to 4 threads, 3 of which they created within 15 minutes- all of which are product links? Anyone? Then re-register under a different IP address and different moniker to bitch that they were just too naive to understand because "im new to forums" (and spelling it seems) while boasting of being an IT guru? My troll-dar is tingling...strongly. Can you think of anyone new to a forum who immediately opened multiple threads? Including one that had the exact same name as an existing thread (changed some capitalization so it wouldn't be the same). Does that sound like a neophyte? (I thought of ingenue but in these uncertain times you can't be too careful). So, before anyone gives me the business, consider the logic.

Last edited:

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
My troll-dar is tingling...strongly.

OP
Kram

Kram

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Well, I suppose I deserved the lashing I received, along with the thumbs up from other members. BUT....

1st...Im sorry If I offended anyone...that was not my intent...Yes I entertain the thought of myself as a IT guru..."GURU" obviously was the wrong choice of words, I usually walk circles around those that I depend on with the title "IT", apologizes for the "IT guru" reference. 2nd...Because I work alot I don't spend a lot of time on forums so I truly am not accustom to the basic rules or general perception from forum users. But I am smart enough, apparently, to understand why my repeated post" because I am new to forums" came across as what you call a " troll-dar ". All I can say is I am not trying to sell anyone a freaking thing...just sharing possible tricks that I have found. My mistake....I am sorry. 3rd...to the question about multiple threads 1 after another...sorry again, i was feeling some excitement that perhaps i had something to offer...apparently i was wrong and wont make that mistake again. It was something i bought, tested and confirmed and thought someone else could use...along with a free site to look and compare possible custom wheels that fit the ford explorer, without any purchase or info. My Bad!...4th..yes I can think of someone to open multiple threads in a forum...ME...because just because i can program, repair, etc....does not mean i use forums everyday...5th...I did not change my IP...I simply have the money to afford to have multiple computers...so when i was blocked for simply trying to be nice...it psst me off...so i decided to get back on to see what i did wrong?!....6th...the logic is perhaps not everyone in the freakin world is a scammer...I hate scammers i get 10 calls a day from robo calls....bottom line...I at this point I don't give a rats ass half pass a monkeys ass, if I'm blocked. (and if you don't understand that reference, I could care even less). There are plenty of other sites out there for Ford Explorers...I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE FREAKIN HELPFULL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Once you've gotten back on the forum, bringing it up in the open forum isn't in the best taste either. It would be better to have that conversation with the ADMIN in private (PM). I'd think an IT guy might know this.
Take a look at @GearHead_1 post. You aren't listening! Take it up with the admin- @STFan. He's the person you need to convince.

A second point- every bit of respect you get on a forum will be due to the quality of your posts- not quantity. No one cares about your resume or your avatar. It takes time to build credibility. It doesn't happen immediately just because you claim some particular expertise.

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
@Kram if it's all a misunderstanding then let me what IP you want unbanned. If you have no issues logging in then continue using your current account.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Well, I suppose I deserved the lashing I received, along with the thumbs up from other members. BUT....

1st...Im sorry If I offended anyone...that was not my intent...Yes I entertain the thought of myself as a IT guru..."GURU" obviously was the wrong choice of words, I usually walk circles around those that I depend on with the title "IT", apologizes for the "IT guru" reference. 2nd...Because I work alot I don't spend a lot of time on forums so I truly am not accustom to the basic rules or general perception from forum users. But I am smart enough, apparently, to understand why my repeated post" because I am new to forums" came across as what you call a " troll-dar ". All I can say is I am not trying to sell anyone a freaking thing...just sharing possible tricks that I have found. My mistake....I am sorry. 3rd...to the question about multiple threads 1 after another...sorry again, i was feeling some excitement that perhaps i had something to offer...apparently i was wrong and wont make that mistake again. It was something i bought, tested and confirmed and thought someone else could use...along with a free site to look and compare possible custom wheels that fit the ford explorer, without any purchase or info. My Bad!...4th..yes I can think of someone to open multiple threads in a forum...ME...because just because i can program, repair, etc....does not mean i use forums everyday...5th...I did not change my IP...I simply have the money to afford to have multiple computers...so when i was blocked for simply trying to be nice...it psst me off...so i decided to get back on to see what i did wrong?!....6th...the logic is perhaps not everyone in the freakin world is a scammer...I hate scammers i get 10 calls a day from robo calls....bottom line...I at this point I don't give a rats ass half pass a monkeys ass, if I'm blocked. (and if you don't understand that reference, I could care even less). There are plenty of other sites out there for Ford Explorers...I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE FREAKIN HELPFULL!!!!!!!!!
TLDR.