Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Noob Wheel/Tire Questions

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
After scouring this forum I think I have everything perfect but just wanted to get some opinions, thanks to many of you, especially @UNBROKEN for all the info on this. I recently bought a set of new Velgen VF9's, 22x10.5 +30 (70.5 CB), I plan on getting them mounted up in the spring (these Northeast winters suck with the shit they put on the roads). I had a few questions I was hoping I could get some clarification on before I bring them down to the shop.

Is there really only 1 tire that comes in the 305/35/22? After looking online super sports are all I could find in that size, 305/40/22 has many more options but I don't really want to play a guessing game with rubbing or not, I'm currently lowered on HR springs, a majority of this forum says the same thing, it rubs for some and for some its fine.

I have a set of Gorilla lug nuts, they're 14mmx1.5, will I have to get a new set of lug nuts for the new wheels or should these fit properly?

I have read this set up can be ran without spacers and it will still be a flush fitment, are there any other adjustments that need to be made other than the rear camber bolt I believe, I saw something about that on here? Also, I plan on running a SuperForged big brake kit within the year, will I need to get spacers when those gets installed?

Do I need new TMPS or can I just have them swapped over from my current set up (Factory wheels/tires)?

This is the first time I've ever purchased aftermarket wheels if you couldn't tell lol, just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

Thank you again!

F=MA

Reactions
Get Lionhart LH-Five 305/35/22 from Walmart. About $550 with tax. Made in Thailand. Many people use these. I will probably get another set when I get my new wheels.

IMG_2006.JPG

Explorer ST Posts