Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Noisy moonroof?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Went for a longish weekend trip to visit friends. 200 miles each way. About half way home, I opened the moonroof. When I closed it, I had the sense it was making noise (wind) I hadn’t heard before. Opening and closing it changed nothing.

Anybody detected this issue?

Sammy374

Reactions
I also have noticed, when travling at or about highway speed it seems the cloth bug deflector gets cought in the moonroof when it closes.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
well, that cleared up a service appointment for me! just picked up my '22 on monday and at highway speeds i could hear just a touch of windnoise. but today after having the sunroof opewn on my drive in, its gone. i bet i closed it while on the highway and some of the fabric got in the way.

OP
Jeppo
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, I’ve taken Sammy’s advice and opened/closed it in the garage. Haven’t had an opportunity to highway test it yet.

OP
Jeppo
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thread Starter #5
@Sammy374
Ran a couple miles at 70 today. I believe your advice solved my problem.

Thanks!!!!!

Reactions
Check the two screws on the two pieces of metal that pops up in the front when you open it, if they are loose it will not seal right, one of mine actually fell out. Some blue lock tite fixed that right up.

OP
Jeppo
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thread Starter #8
Check the two screws on the two pieces of metal that pops up in the front when you open it, if they are loose it will not seal right, one of mine actually fell out. Some blue lock tite fixed that right up.
These are the screws (one on each side) that attach the metal levers to the actual screen? The ones that screw in from below? If so, mine appear in place and relatively tight.

Having inspected the screen (front seats completely forward and standing up on the second row floor), I can see how it could get caught at speed.

Reactions
Yes , that's the ones , caused an issue for me , was an easy fix