Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Noisy gas tank

Reactions
After first fill up I can gas splashing,while I’m inside car with slight movement.Anyone else has had same experience?

Fujimo

Reactions
I have this issue and it’s very noticeable when backing out of garage or pulling into a parking space. Also noises seem to go away when gas is under 1/2 tank. I believe someone else has posted the same concern in this forum. Ford is aware of it but still no fix available at this time. Hopefully they get the issue resolved soon.

Reactions
It's either a poor design without enough baffles, poorly placed baffles or the baffles are already coming apart.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I haven't had any noise out of mine, but if I park on a downhill slope for a while with the tank below 1/2 the gauge goes to zero and stays there until I fill the tank. Seems like a problem with the baffles like Muddydogs said.

PostmanRP

Reactions
I haven’t noticed this on mine. Most of the time I have music playing so that probably doesn’t help. Have to pay attention to see

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for your info.