Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

No Front proximity sensors???

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford explorer st line
Hello all,
I just picked my new 2022 st line and I noticed when I was parking that the front proximity sensors were not alerting me when I was getting close to the car in front of me. I spoke to my dealer and he said that only the platinum model had those sensors. Is this true? My 2019 xlt had the sensors and beeped when I was parking.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
What? No. Our Limited, our ST both had sensors. There's a button that turns those sensors off maybe someone accidentally turned them off.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not sure about the ST Line. Do you have rear proximity sensors. Regular ST's definitely do have proximity sensors

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I have rear proximity sensors, front and rear cameras. Nothing happens when I pull forward to park.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Push the button to turn it on

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you have Forscan? I would run a diagnostic to see if any error codes.

Also, do you have co-pilot360 and birds eye view camera system? I certainly think maybe its not standard and maybe related to options.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Looking online at pictures of the ST-Line for sale at different dealers they may not have them? In the pictures I can see the front camera but it do NOT see the proximity sensors. It is very possible you do not have them.

1663677038318.png

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Do you have Forscan? I would run a diagnostic to see if any error codes.

Also, do you have co-pilot360 and birds eye view camera system? I certainly think maybe its not standard and maybe related to options.
So after speaking to ford directly, the 2022 ford explorer st line does not have the option for front proximity sensors because you now have the co-pilot 360. This really sucks! It's not like the front camera turns on when you are parking, you manually need to turn the camera on when parking but it will shut off when backing up. Terrible idea to remove the front sensors

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Looking online at pictures of the ST-Line for sale at different dealers they may not have them? In the pictures I can see the front camera but it do NOT see the proximity sensors. It is very possible you do not have them.

View attachment 14373
Yep, they don't come with them and you can't add them either

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So after speaking to ford directly, the 2022 ford explorer st line does not have the option for front proximity sensors because you now have the co-pilot 360. This really sucks! It's not like the front camera turns on when you are parking, you manually need to turn the camera on when parking but it will shut off when backing up. Terrible idea to remove the front sensors
Well you have to turn on the camera when parking if you have proximity sensors or not. Simple button press. Just like the moaning about the Auto Stop/Start. Simple button press. Or just park by brail; drive until you hear or feel something.

Reactions
I have a 22. This what you're asking about?
1663709166310.png
1663709342663.png

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You have a real ST. Original poster has the ST-Line which looks like an ST but does not have 3.0L twin turbo and now we are finding out it is lacking other features. Wonder what else Ford did not include?

Reactions
Yes but he has a different trim level which it does not come with. Previous body style was standard on XLT and up but they decided to make it Limited in up with the redesign in 2020.
Oh gotcha! Sorry should have read the whole thread

Reactions
Should have got the ST.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I didn't know until I picked it up
That's why the ST line is a way lower trim level, its going to lack all of the high end stuff that the STs will have which reflects in the price. That is a bummer to not have known until you already bought the ST line though

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have the '22 ST with the ST High Package and the 401a Technology Package and the Ford CoPilot360 Assist+

I have the sensors ALL around the vehicle. When you do the camera top down view, it shows little alerting for each sensor (green/yellow/red) and 2 in the back, 1 in each corner (front and back) 45° angle 2 down the side doors, and again in the front corner 45° facing out and 2 in the front and mirrored down the other side.

I think its part of the CoPilot360 Assist+ package with the auto steer/adaptive cruise/emergency braking and emergency accident avoidance. I doubt its part of the tech package. We just don't have the auto park, I am wondering if that's just a module since we have all the sensors and cameras and everything....