Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

No A/C...

Reactions
Honey, it smells like something is burning. It smells like a soy latte...Don’t worry about it!

Well the ST goes in Thursday morning to find the short reported in the Ford App.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Are others having issues with no A/C? My 2021 that I picked up last month has no A/C when stationary. It only has 300 miles on it. When I do auto start and get into it it's still warm inside even though the A/C should be pumping. So I turn it on and sat there and just warm air. Once I started driving the A/C would start working but as soon as I stop at a traffic light and sit for a bit waiting the warm air starts coming out even though I have auto start/stop disabled.

So yesterday I stopped at Lowe's and left my wife and kid in the car running. I come back out 15min later n my wife says I think its over heating. Look at the dash n it's in the red with the warning alert that it's overheating. She says once I parked the A/C stopped as it has been and a minute before I got back she heard the alert. I turned the A/C off and put the heat on and hopped on the road and within 30 seconds of driving the temp came down.

Dropped it off at the dealer today and I guess they didn't get around to it cuz I didn't get a call as to what the issue could be.

Anyone else having similar issues or no A/C? How the hell is this vehicle having issues brand new. My 2018 Explorer Sport had an A/C issue it's first year also. Less than 5000 miles on that one when I brought it in.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Well it was the radiator fan not working since I picked it up off the lot. That caused the issue with the a/c while parked and obviously the overheating issue.