Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Newly designed phone mount/draggy holder

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
They are really cool, dont get me wrong. I enjoyed it while it lasted but the resin is such a mess no matter how neat you try to be with it lol. The amount of detail they can achieve is amazing. I actually have been thinking about picking up an mk3 for my second printer. I've heard great things. Currently printing on the Anycubic Vyper

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
They are really cool, dont get me wrong. I enjoyed it while it lasted but the resin is such a mess no matter how neat you try to be with it lol. The amount of detail they can achieve is amazing. I actually have been thinking about picking up an mk3 for my second printer. I've heard great things. Currently printing on the Anycubic Vyper
I might get a cheapo resin... but thats probably gonna do really bad. Got an xyz davinci to sell, pretty neat with laser module and 3d scanning capabilities but by far not as good in printing as the Prusa.

Might order the prusa xl when its available in a normal manner and had some updates.

Reactions
Got mine. Thanks for the quick response. Now I just need to figure out what holder I want. I'm using a proclip in my F450 so will probably just use the same.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #24
Awesome! Post some pics when you get it set up! I'm still playing around with different phone holders trying to get one I really like, they all have their ups and downs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I might get a cheapo resin... but thats probably gonna do really bad. Got an xyz davinci to sell, pretty neat with laser module and 3d scanning capabilities but by far not as good in printing as the Prusa.

Might order the prusa xl when its available in a normal manner and had some updates.
I have a buddy with both the Mk3 and the smaller prusa and im constantly inpressed with his prints. absolutely beautiful with a pretty much plug and play design. I have a basic ender 3 that does alright but I have to nut up for the cost of the Prusa but have been a little gun shy

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I have a buddy with both the Mk3 and the smaller prusa and im constantly inpressed with his prints. absolutely beautiful with a pretty much plug and play design. I have a basic ender 3 that does alright but I have to nut up for the cost of the Prusa but have been a little gun shy
I can imagine, they ain't cheap. But the jump in print quality, consistency and ease of use are definitely worth it! But using the MMU will make you frustrated all the way lol.

Reactions
My Ender 3 V2 has been perfectly fine and repeatable over dozens of spools. A few key upgrades and it's pretty much trouble free. Wish I could say the same for my CR10 V3.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
I gotta hand it to my little vyper. Its been kicking out these phone mounts non stop for almost 3 weeks now and I've had maybe 2 failed prints out of 30ish. And those really were my own fault because they separated from the bed weird and pulled the bottom layer

Copper2020

U.S. Navy Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Would a resin print be a good alternative?

Have had mixed result with the carbon, petg prints a bit easier, prusa also has some good nylon options which i think should hold up pretty well.
I have a few resin printers and I’d say no. Great for detail work, but I wouldn’t bother for a structural object like this.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
StayinStock, I sent you a PM. I would like to get one of these mounts if they are still available.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What are you charging for the mounts?

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #34
Yep shoot me a PM and ill get you the details.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Got mine in and love it. I used the recommended mount that is on the website.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Glad to hear folks are liking them. Had no idea it would take off like it did!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sent you a PM

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #38
Currently have a discount code for march for 15% off, IRISH15. Good till the 31st

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
StayinStock, have a suggestion. how about combining the left and right to make a double cradle or holder so you can mount two phones simultaneously. I know it would take more raw material to make. like maybe 60% more. So increase the price by the same amount.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #40
I'd like to do it but unfortunately the print bed isnt large enough to support it, Looking into a slightly bigger one just trying to decide if i can justify the expense still. We've built the file for it, just need to test its fitment.