Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Newbie from TN

pyroguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hello from TN! I purchased my first Ford over the weekend, a red 2020 Explorer ST. While I've had 4 F series trucks for work over the last 13 years, and put approximately 500k on them combined, this is the first time I've ever owned a non-GM vehicle. So far so good. I have to say the Explorer ST really caught my eye and my wife LOVES it. I'm eager to learn a lot of information about this vehicle and I appreciate any advice on what to look for, what to look out for, and any good advice on what is liked or disliked. Here's at the dealership while trading in my wife's 2014 Impala in the background on our new ride.
Explorer.jpg

One thing I will add, is how do you turn off the flashing speed limit sign with the cruise control? That thing is freaking annoying and changes my cruise control which kind of pisses me off. Other than that, it's great.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hello from TN! I purchased my first Ford over the weekend, a red 2020 Explorer ST. While I've had 4 F series trucks for work over the last 13 years, and put approximately 500k on them combined, this is the first time I've ever owned a non-GM vehicle. So far so good. I have to say the Explorer ST really caught my eye and my wife LOVES it. I'm eager to learn a lot of information about this vehicle and I appreciate any advice on what to look for, what to look out for, and any good advice on what is liked or disliked. Here's at the dealership while trading in my wife's 2014 Impala in the background on our new ride.
View attachment 17019

One thing I will add, is how do you turn off the flashing speed limit sign with the cruise control? That thing is freaking annoying and changes my cruise control which kind of pisses me off. Other than that, it's great.
Useing adaptive cruise control will turn off the flashing speed limit. Enjoy the ride.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
View attachment 17019

Welcome to the forum

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
View attachment 17019

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

LEETHL

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
View attachment 17019

Welcome!

If you go into the Settings, Driver Assistance, Cruise Control, change it from Intelligent to Adaptive or Normal. This will stop it from changing your speed on you automatically.

-Austin

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome!
What part of TN? We live in Chattanooga.

OP
P

pyroguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys for the help on changing the "Intelligent" cruise control off. I wish I could get the flashing speed limit sign to go away, but at least it isn't changing my speed on me anymore.

bmidd, I'm from south of Nashville along I-65.

LEETHL

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Explorer ST Posts