Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Newbie and First Time Ford Owner

Reactions
Never in a million years would I have thought I’d own a Ford, this is the first one I’ve ever looked at or even drove, but it is awesome. Just picked it up Tuesday. Taking dealer decal off today and ordering plugs to remove the plate bracket.

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

Reactions
Congrats! Any tips on taking off the dealer decal? I have this white plastic thing on the back of mine that I want to take off...I heard you can use dental floss to get it off but never tried it.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Congrats! Any tips on taking off the dealer decal? I have this white plastic thing on the back of mine that I want to take off...I heard you can use dental floss to get it off but never tried it.
heated up with hair dryer, got it off with fishing line, goo gone the residue than washed and waxed it, dental floss would work too

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Never in a million years would I have thought I’d own a Ford, this is the first one I’ve ever looked at or even drove, but it is awesome. Just picked it up Tuesday. Taking dealer decal off today and ordering plugs to remove the plate bracket.
Welcome to the group. I haven't owned a Ford since my 1990 Ford Probe GT (which I loved!) My dad always had Explorers and they've always been good vehicles for him. Mine was something of a COVID purchase and I really love it. Wasn't looking for white either but the Star White paint is nice! I just took the Explorer lettering off the front of mine and it's really growing on me how much cleaner it looks. others have done the same with different colors, but I posted pictures of the white. Search the debadging threads and you'll see it. Cheers!

Reactions
The Ford Probe GT was a hot ride in it's day! Back then it was a very competitive sports car. It was compared to the BMW M3 and the Eagle Talon and Mitsubishi Eclipse...fast and turbo charged. I am still amazed at the 0-60 times a big SUV like the Explorer St can throw down!

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
The Ford Probe GT was a hot ride in it's day! Back then it was a very competitive sports car. It was compared to the BMW M3 and the Eagle Talon and Mitsubishi Eclipse...fast and turbo charged. I am still amazed at the 0-60 times a big SUV like the Explorer St can throw down!
best friend in highschool had a probe GT I don’t know how many times he blew that thing up trying to beat my v6 5 speed Sunbird lol

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
that's cool you remember that. yeah, Ford was thining of replacing the rear wheel drive Mustang so they needed something competitive. The torque steer was unreal, but the interior was cool (for early 90s), and the turbo made for a fast car for sure. I really enjoyed it. My college roomate had a 95 GT, which had the newer body and the v6, also a great car. Surprised they didn't keep that line going. Probe is a pretty stupid name for a car though lol!