Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New UPR catch can

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
First mod to the 22 ST, the new version of the UPR catch can, no drilling required. UPR tweeked the design and have now added a “T” valve that the WOT hose connects to so you don’t have to drill 5BEE2443-2F5E-440D-85EE-85857721CF0B.jpeg 61299F98-9BF4-4D5E-9F3D-1428370AF845.jpeg

Reactions
That’s nice. I hated drilling into the intake tube.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
My first mod too! I just got it and was wondering if you have any advise on how to get the factory hoses off? The ones with the blue connections are easy its the ones with the orange that I'm having trouble with.

Reactions
I bought a blue connector to take the place of the orange connector prior to removing it. Pretty much impossible to remove. It’s been done but only a couple times that I know of.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
My first mod too! I just got it and was wondering if you have any advise on how to get the factory hoses off? The ones with the blue connections are easy its the ones with the orange that I'm having trouble with.
I just busted that sucker off on both of the pieces and used a heat gun to remove the blue connectors off the original cv tube for the clean and dirty side and used those for the intake and bypass valve

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
If you upgrade to the AFE intake you will need a shorter fitting then what AFE supplies. No room to reconnect the T fitting.

Just FYI

UPR gave me a shorter one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
I have the older style, drilled the pipe. It wasn't collecting much from 2000 - 10000 Km. Now at 16000 Km, I collected a cup (250mL) worth, and my garage wreaks of hydro carbons even after I emptied it. Normal?
She made me remove the motorcycles from the garage for that reason.
Is the new one sealed better? Chime in, Eight hundred $ spent on bike storage already could have bought the new kit with the billet one ways / pvc / crankcase vent / 50mm antenna / rubbers and T shirts to last a lifetime.