Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to Forum

Steve S

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have a 2020 Explorer St with ST Street Pack. Bought new in May 2020. Car has been used as my wife’s daily driver. Only has 18k miles.
I am buying her a new car and will use the ST as my daily driver. Love the car. Following questions:
- experience with Tuners. Currently looking at ZFG Racing Tunes. Trying to decide between DMS Tune package. Not sure about 91 or 93 octane tune? Any opinions or experiences with this tuner? Other recommendations?
- How to determine issue with rear end/differential bolt configuration. Had anyone spoke to their Dealer about this?
Sorry for the long winded post
Appreciate any comments or ideas.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have a 2020 Explorer St with ST Street Pack. Bought new in May 2020. Car has been used as my wife’s daily driver. Only has 18k miles.
I am buying her a new car and will use the ST as my daily driver. Love the car. Following questions:
- experience with Tuners. Currently looking at ZFG Racing Tunes. Trying to decide between DMS Tune package. Not sure about 91 or 93 octane tune? Any opinions or experiences with this tuner? Other recommendations?
- How to determine issue with rear end/differential bolt configuration. Had anyone spoke to their Dealer about this?
Sorry for the long winded post
Appreciate any comments or ideas.
Welcome to the forum.

I use ZFG and had an original 93 tune on it before Adam released the DMS then switched to that. Love the 93 DMS tune!
Choose the 91 or 93 option based on the availability of the fuel in your area. I suggest 93 for more power if you have it around you.
You have the 4 bolt rear end since you have a 2020 and probably don't need to worry about the rear end bolt issue. If you want some extra confidence because you plan on beating the shit out of it off the line, then look into a rear diff brace.

OP
S

Steve S

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.

I use ZFG and had an original 93 tune on it before Adam released the DMS then switched to that. Love the 93 DMS tune!
Choose the 91 or 93 option based on the availability of the fuel in your area. I suggest 93 for more power if you have it around you.
You have the 4 bolt rear end since you have a 2020 and probably don't need to worry about the rear end bolt issue. If you want some extra confidence because you plan on beating the shit out of it off the line, then look into a rear diff brace.
Thanks for the reply and info.
That’s what I was leaning toward, the ZFG DMS Tune. Not sure if I will go 91 or 93 option. Going to do a little more research. Concerned if I go with the 93 and wife puts 91 in, what happens? Im planning on talking to ZFG regarding this concern.
Grateful for the info about the rear end!
My only other planned upgrade will be to the exhaust system. Since it will be mainly used for daily driving. Plus buying my wife a Charger Hellcat wide body.
Any other suggestions are appreciated

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks for the reply and info.
That’s what I was leaning toward, the ZFG DMS Tune. Not sure if I will go 91 or 93 option. Going to do a little more research. Concerned if I go with the 93 and wife puts 91 in, what happens? Im planning on talking to ZFG regarding this concern.
Grateful for the info about the rear end!
My only other planned upgrade will be to the exhaust system. Since it will be mainly used for daily driving. Plus buying my wife a Charger Hellcat wide body.
Any other suggestions are appreciated
A couple things I would suggest if you are going with a tune. Do an intercooler upgrade and change to a colder set of plugs.

Damn, she's getting the Hellcat! Helluva Valentines Day gift...lol

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard

OP
S

Steve S

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
A couple things I would suggest if you are going with a tune. Do an intercooler upgrade and change to a colder set of plugs.

Damn, she's getting the Hellcat! Helluva Valentines Day gift...lol
Appreciate the additional suggestions. Not sure about the inter cooler upgrade as I was trying simple upgrades that were not too invasive. With that said,I may do a little research on the intercooler upgrade.
Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for intercooler upgrades?
Again, thanks for welcoming to the forum. It’s really cool.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Appreciate the additional suggestions. Not sure about the inter cooler upgrade as I was trying simple upgrades that were not too invasive. With that said,I may do a little research on the intercooler upgrade.
Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for intercooler upgrades?
Again, thanks for welcoming to the forum. It’s really cool.
It really isn't hard to do the intercooler yourself with the right tools, just time consuming. The only thing you might need help with is removing and replacing the front bumper cover. Just set a day aside (will not need a whole day) with a extra set of hands for a the bumper cover and tackle it. You will save some cash.