Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to forum with a new ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hello,
New to this forum and forums in general so this is a combo intro to the group and question for those who may know more than me.

Background: I am an 'A' planner with long family history at FoMoCo. I recently bought a new ST with 401a, twin panel moon roof, ST appearance package and technology package. That last part seems like a misnomer since it also has the camera delete, wifi delete and parking assist delete. Not sure what non-standard technology is really left at this point.

I should have spent more time with Google before I got all the way to the signing table. Yes the sticker says "camera credit -$500"; I honestly took that to mean the cost of the system was wrapped in one of the options so this was a credit so the cost was not double counted. Obviously, I was wrong. I had to either sign the 'Product Offering Change...' form or walk away from a day spent on buying and the prospect of losing a $4,000 rebate. I am taking my frustrations out on the sales process with the dealer...

All other this said, while our ST's have the look and definitely have the speed, they are technological dinosaurs even when they are fully built and functioning (Sync 3...really). These deletions don't help. I honestly can't imagine a 4g hotspot ever getting used. At any given time there are up to 6 5g hotspots in each passengers pocket and don't cost $ every month for slow speeds. Further, the brake assist feature seems of marginal use...if the one remaining camera and beeping sensors don't get you to stop, you probably shouldn't be driving. The 360 delete is problematic to me since it can actually be useful. They say the system was deleted, though the front camera is still there uselessy staring at me.

TL; DR: Does anyone know if we can undelete the 360 delete? I would gladly pay $500 for the system to be put back in. From what I've gathered, the problem wasn't the camera's themselves or even the software, but terrible build quality from CAP. If they've figured out the problem and it seems they have, why can't we get the system up and running again?

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello,
New to this forum and forums in general so this is a combo intro to the group and question for those who may know more than me.

Background: I am an 'A' planner with long family history at FoMoCo. I recently bought a new ST with 401a, twin panel moon roof, ST appearance package and technology package. That last part seems like a misnomer since it also has the camera delete, wifi delete and parking assist delete. Not sure what non-standard technology is really left at this point.

I should have spent more time with Google before I got all the way to the signing table. Yes the sticker says "camera credit -$500"; I honestly took that to mean the cost of the system was wrapped in one of the options so this was a credit so the cost was not double counted. Obviously, I was wrong. I had to either sign the 'Product Offering Change...' form or walk away from a day spent on buying and the prospect of losing a $4,000 rebate. I am taking my frustrations out on the sales process with the dealer...

All other this said, while our ST's have the look and definitely have the speed, they are technological dinosaurs even when they are fully built and functioning (Sync 3...really). These deletions don't help. I honestly can't imagine a 4g hotspot ever getting used. At any given time there are up to 6 5g hotspots in each passengers pocket and don't cost $ every month for slow speeds. Further, the brake assist feature seems of marginal use...if the one remaining camera and beeping sensors don't get you to stop, you probably shouldn't be driving. The 360 delete is problematic to me since it can actually be useful. They say the system was deleted, though the front camera is still there uselessy staring at me.

TL; DR: Does anyone know if we can undelete the 360 delete? I would gladly pay $500 for the system to be put back in. From what I've gathered, the problem wasn't the camera's themselves or even the software, but terrible build quality from CAP. If they've figured out the problem and it seems they have, why can't we get the system up and running again?
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 ST 4WD
I have the same question in the 360 delete.

Excalibur

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
WELCOME!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome. I didn't realize they were deleting the 360 camera. Especially with the 'fix' for the screen issue people have been having. I mean with enough time and money you can do anything. Not sure how simple it will be to add it back in though.