Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to Ford and the Forum

JPSch89

Reactions
Hey everyone, just placed an order for a 2021 Explorer ST on 6/29. Now I am eagerly waiting on the delivery - hoping it doesn't take the estimated 6 months...

I opted to stick with the 400A package, Street Pack, and the Panoramic Roof. Carbonized Gray looks awesome with the black wheels that come with the Street Pack in my opinion.

I went back and fourth on whether it was worth it to go with the 401A package - I was mainly torn because of the ventilated seats. I couldn't justify another $5,000 for the package, but it does come with some great add-ons.

Does anyone with the 400A package wish they went with the 401A?

I'm really confused with exactly what is included because Ford's website doesn't really make it clear and the spec sheets my dealer had were outdated.

How about the sound system? I'm currently driving a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude and the system is excellent - far better than any other stock (non-upgraded) system I've personally heard, so I'm hoping the ST can compete.

Overall - very excited to get this vehicle and start making it my own. First mods will be tint and intercooler, but I'm curious to know if the intercooler mod will require a tune or not.

Reactions
Hope that helps but you're going to love the ST. Carbonized was my color of choice but was shoved into Black.. still love it!

OP
JPSch89

JPSch89

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Sure does! Thank you.

Some of those options appear to still be included in the 400A though I thought. The XLT I drove had the 200A package and it had the wireless charger, power folding mirrors (I think), forward sensing system, universal garage door opener.

I could be wrong.

And my dealer also told me the B&O 12 speaker system is included in the 400A package.

I'm hoping all of the above is truly included as that's kind of what sold me on keeping just the 400A package.

Regardless - I know I'll still love the ST as you mentioned.

Reactions
XLT 200A will not have the wireless charger, power folding mirrors or forward sensing.. not entirely sure on the garage door opener.

My Ford eSourceBook is pretty accurate... Im a Sales Consultant at a local Ford dealership here.

Definitely reach out to the dealer to see what they say about those specific features but I'm confident that information is correct. You still have time to change to the 401A if you wanted to so don't worry if you have second thoughts.

OP
JPSch89

JPSch89

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Oh I gotcha - if it's not too much of a hassle, do you have a screenshot of the 400A features? I'd just like to be 100% on what's included before I decide on upgrading or not.

Thanks in advance!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Do you really want the sunroof, all the weight up there?

Reactions
Sure does! Thank you.

Some of those options appear to still be included in the 400A though I thought. The XLT I drove had the 200A package and it had the wireless charger, power folding mirrors (I think), forward sensing system, universal garage door opener.

I could be wrong.

And my dealer also told me the B&O 12 speaker system is included in the 400A package.

I'm hoping all of the above is truly included as that's kind of what sold me on keeping just the 400A package.

Regardless - I know I'll still love the ST as you mentioned.
The B&O 12 Speakers is still included and you can get the Co-Pilot 360+ Assist with the navigation as an option with the 400a package. Else, it'll be the simple Co-Pilot 360 Sync 3 without the navigation.

I believe the main things you'll be missing out is the the front camera, powerfold 3rd row, ventilated/heated front seats, heated 2nd row seats, driver memory seats, and rear AC Power Outlet. If you dont care much for these options then you wont be missing out much from the 401a pacakge.