Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

NEW RED RED RED one!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST, Rapid Red; 2020 and 2022 STs
And I thought I LOVED Atlas Blue! Retrieved this in Buena Park, CA yesterday and drove it home to Phoenix.. 401A and Technology package plus remote start, etc.. Traded in Blue for it.. Here are a couple early pics with dirty wheels which were switched from Blue.
2023Oct25_DSC0766_LF, 2nd_1200w.jpg
2023Oct25_DSC0765_RR, 1st_1200w.jpg

Have lowering springs and BIG brakes to install, and will be buying a MagnaFlow CAT-back system soon.

This is my third--and LAST--Explorer, all this summer, and I plan to keep it forever.

Last edited:

F=MA

Reactions
Hold on Hoss! Don't pull the trigger on a Magnaflow exhaust unless you love a drone from 1600-2000 rpm. Had to drive in 8th gear on the highway to up the rpms to kill the drone but then the motor is revving more. I have had Borla S Type, Magnaflow #19515 and then Thermal R&D 2.5 inch. Magnaflow is not 304 stainless steel and will rust on you fast. I wish Magnaflow would sell the black chrome tips separately but they said no. Hopefully we are soon enough to save you that fate. If you like an annoying drone and fast surface rust then by all means have at the Magnaflow. I would be careful about falling in the 3.0 inch Thermal R&D trap also. To me this exhaust sounds like a blown out muffler on a 64 Impala 6 cylinder. I still have OEM downpipes and have a set of Whoosh downpipes in the box (waiting for the OEM's to fail) but 2.5 Thermal with aftermarket downpipes would be my max noise level given its still just a six cylinder exhaust. If the Magnaflow didn't drone and it was in SS 304 I would have it instead. I did like the Magnaflow exhaust tone and look of the exhaust tips just not the drone. Also liked the exhaust tone of the P&L exhaust that never made it to market. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I can't bad mouth any of the exhausts I haven't run. I will say that years back I had an issue with Magnaflow sending me an exhaust system for a FWD EDGE that was advertised to fit my AWD EDGE. It showed fitment on their website, and they didn't make one to fit the AWD.

As my luck would have it, it was a system where you had to cut the front of the mid-pipe on the vehicle to install and I didn't know it wouldn't fit until I tried the install. My car sat on jackstands for over a week as they were going to make the extension pipe that would fit my vehicle. That didn't happen, and it was a nightmare to get them to take it back. It soured me on them as a company and for that reason, I'd never go back. Not only that, it took them weeks to update their website so that others wouldn't make the same mistake.

I will say that I've liked everything about my Thermal 2.5 system from installation to looks and especially the way it sounds, My wife likes it, and that speaks volumes. I'd recommend it. If you consider it, get their flex pipes too.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
And I thought I LOVED Atlas Blue! Retrieved this in Buena Park, CA yesterday and drove it home to Phoenix.. 401A and Technology package plus remote start, etc.. Traded in Blue for it.. Here are a couple early pics with dirty wheels which were switched from Blue.
View attachment 20221
View attachment 20222

Have lowering springs and BIG brakes to install, and will be buying a MagnaFlow CAT-back system soon.

This is my third--and LAST--Explorer, all this summer, and I plan to keep it forever.
View attachment 20221
View attachment 20222

Jeffrey Bher , hey some how I dont believe its ur last ! Lol.. unless you stop driving by dealers ! That way u won't see any more ST's ... haha good luck with it !!!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Jeffrey Bher , hey some how I dont believe its ur last ! Lol ...
Yeah, until he saw the new 2025 Explorer's entertainment screen and said "I have to have that, that'll be my last one!" haha