Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New owner in MD

PGas32

Reactions
Finally picked my ST up after ordering in late June. Only drove back from the dealer so far and it’s off to the detailer today but initial impressions are good. We needed a third-row SUV so this will compliment our Porsche Cayenne GTS.

The only slight niggles so far are that it showed up with 60 miles on it, and the front plate mount was already drilled. Not sure if Ford or the dealer are at fault for those two...

38A27929-CBD1-4F05-A963-B4ACA9C07C71.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I took my wife to see ours “pre-prep”, as soon as we heard it had been delivered. You can see there’s still plastic covering the seats. It apparently came from the factory with the front plate mount attached. Wish it hadn’t.

BE2BCB8E-B493-4566-9B01-F3C1EBD506DB.jpeg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Congrats on the ST, carbonized grey is my favorite color on these.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Congrats. Also will be a new MD owner of an ST hopefully by December. As for the front license plate, what else were you gonna do anyway? MD requires front plate anyway.

OP
PGas32

PGas32

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Congrats. Also will be a new MD owner of an ST hopefully by December. As for the front license plate, what else were you gonna do anyway? MD requires front plate anyway.
With the exception of the Ford trucks I’ve had, I haven’t run a front plate in the 9 years I’ve lived here. I would rather Ford leave the decision up to me instead of riveting three big holes in my brand new front bumper. Not a massive deal on a kid-hauler, but I’d flat out refuse delivery on a different vehicle.

Anyhow, got the new ST back from the detailer and loaded the whole family up for a grocery run yesterday - worked as intended!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
With the exception of the Ford trucks I’ve had, I haven’t run a front plate in the 9 years I’ve lived here. I would rather Ford leave the decision up to me instead of riveting three big holes in my brand new front bumper. Not a massive deal on a kid-hauler, but I’d flat out refuse delivery on a different vehicle.

Anyhow, got the new ST back from the detailer and loaded the whole family up for a grocery run yesterday - worked as intended!
wait what? I thought Maryland law required front license plate.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
wait what? I thought Maryland law required front license plate.
The speed limit on I95 is also 65mph

Staggie

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Welcome aboard! Maryland here too! Front plate is installed before arriving at dealer. There are color matching plugs you can install in the holes. They look pretty good and match with.