Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Owner from LA

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello All,

I should say soon to be owner.
Planning to take delivery of blue 2022 ST by new year. I'm Very new to this type of vehicle, coming from a CRV.

Any tips before taking the final delivery.
(Extended warranty, any maintenance packages, etc.)

Mine doesn't come with the roof side rails and auto parking. Any pointers how to go about the roof side rails and cross bars. (Mainly for the looks). Any other dealer addons, worth looking into.

Glad to be part of this group.
Thanks and Regards,
R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your future purchase. You can buy the roof rails as an Ford Accessories, but if it's just for looks I like the rails without the crossbars. Go for the PremiumCare extended warranty, it is definitely worth it, especially on these new vehicles.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello All,

Planning to take delivery of blue 2022 ST by new year. I'm Very new to this type of vehicle, coming from a CRV.

Mine doesn't come with the roof side rails and auto parking. Any pointers how to go about the roof side rails and cross bars. (Mainly for the looks). Any other dealer addons, worth looking into.

Thanks and Regards,
R2D2
Welcome and enjoy your ST!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello All,

Thanks and Regards,
R2D2
Welcome to the forum

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thank you all.. there was a change in plan.
I took the delivery today.
Need to take the extended warranty online.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Again one more question
I took the maintenance package for 4 year @2.5k$
They told me the service interval is every 5k miles or 6 months, since it's a performance vehicle.
Was it a good decision at my part or should I go back and cancel it.?

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Any pointers on the above?
Or am I asking in the wrong section?

Here is the picture of my ST

Attachments

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
There isn't enough information to give advice. Does this include all service consumables? Wiper blades, filters, oil, oil filters, tires, batteries..? How many miles per year do you anticipate driving? Does it include synthetic oil, how about differential fluid changes, washer fluid, alignment, tire rotation, etc?

For example, if it's just oil changes, and you were to go 40k miles over the 4 years, that would be 8 oil changes. That would probably cost you less than $600 over that time.

Unless there's a lot more included, it doesn't seem like a good deal to me, but I'm sure it's a good deal for Ford!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It looks pretty comprehensive. Remember that according to what you presented that replacement items are covered under the Owner's Scheduled Maintenance Schedule. So some things e.g. spark plugs wouldn't actually be included unless you traveled the amount of miles until the Schedule suggested change. So it comes down to the miles you drive per year. If you were traveling 25k miles or more per year, it's probably not a bad deal. If you're traveling 10k a year it's probably not worth it.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Hmm. Looks like they did fool me.

They lied telling the maintenance schedule is 5000 miles or 6 months, since it's a performance car. (I specifically asked why such short interval between services)

When I checked in Ford pass app, it showed 10000 miles or 1 year interval.

My running will be low (less than 8000 regular miles an year) and I won't be visiting more than 4 times in the covered 48 months.

Looks like I need to cancel it.

OP
R2D2

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
The blue is growing on me and my wife.
Wanted black or red, but settled for blue when we found one with premium tech package. But so many people have told 'nice color' in the past few days. Especially kids love it.

IMG_20230104_102502.jpg

From the day we took delivery, it never stopped raining.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
I feel you; I waited 2 weeks to get mine and of course it was all nice and clean and before I could leave the dealer it rained and got it all nasty lol, oh well, just about to take it for a good hand wash, and of course it started and still raining, but even under the rain drops, that blue is still pretty, enjoy maybe soon on the washes.

Update well I didn't have to hand wash, as I was hit in the rear end 2 weeks after picking it up on 1/6/23, less than 500 miles on it they couldn't get it into collision center for a month and a half, well low and behold 1 month and 1 day, we got T-boned less than 900 miles on it. Fast forward, wrecker dropped it off today at the collision center for insurance company to evaluate. I'm so sad, but I see a new one in my future. But I don't think it will be the same color, Carbonized Grey as 2 times in a month, has to be a bad omen, will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The blue is growing on me and my wife.
Wanted black or red, but settled for blue when we found one with premium tech package. But so many people have told 'nice color' in the past few days. Especially kids love it.

View attachment 15943

From the day we took delivery, it never stopped raining.
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome! Love the blue for sure!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome! I'm in LA as well! FB_IMG_1672026225572.jpg

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
Wow, nice..
Welcome to you as well..
Is it stone blue or Atlas blue?

Looks like you already have some mods done.
Is the front windshield tinted? I see a Ford performance sticker there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Wow, nice..
Welcome to you as well..
Is it stone blue or Atlas blue?

Looks like you already have some mods done.
Is the front windshield tinted? I see a Ford performance sticker there.
Atlas blue
Simple things done. Rebuilt it from the ground up as I bought it crashed.
Did some minor upgrades, JTL catch can, added a 6.0 powerstroke Intercooler, 5% ceramic tint all around and 30% on the front windshield, k&n drop in filter. Plan to mod it heavily but later in the future as more mods come out. 20221227_140617.jpg 20221004_181141.jpg

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Atlas blue
Simple things done. Rebuilt it from the ground up as I bought it crashed.
Did some minor upgrades, JTL catch can, added a 6.0 powerstroke Intercooler, 5% ceramic tint all around and 30% on the front windshield, k&n drop in filter. Plan to mod it heavily but later in the future as more mods come out. View attachment 16084 View attachment 16083
Welcome and nice job rebuilding your ST.

OP
R2D2
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #20
Rebuilt it from the ground up as I bought it crashed.
Wow amazing, looks cleaner than few at dealer lots..
If you haven't shared the before picture, it would have been had to believe it's a rebuild..