Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New owner, couple of questions

Catch22

Reactions
Loving the car sorry far. Only other new car I driven was a Scat pack challenger with this much tech.

1.) Can you make the it so the blind spot beeps at you if you turn on your turn signal and there is some recognized in it? Nifty feature on the challenger. I see the light. But a tone warning is always good.

2.) Can you have the car so it auto turns on heated seats and massaging (Ford comfort seats) each time you start the vehicle?

3.) Noticed one blue screen on reverse today. Turned the car off and back on, went away. What do they do for this?

4.) Also noticed that upon auto start that it sometimes will throw and error for the auto break. Restart fixed this.

5.) Noticed it hasn't had any updates, are people seeing any advantage for these updates?

6.) Any way to turn off the "we collect data etc" each time it shows up after startup?

7.) A bit off topic , but Noticed a rattle/squeak in the driver side door panel. Does service take people seriously for these rattles and squeaks?

First new car Here, appreciate the answers or links.

Reactions
Loving the car sorry far. Only other new car I driven was a Scat pack challenger with this much tech.

1.) Can you make the it so the blind spot beeps at you if you turn on your turn signal and there is some recognized in it? Nifty feature on the challenger. I see the light. But a tone warning is always good.

2.) Can you have the car so it auto turns on heated seats and massaging (Ford comfort seats) each time you start the vehicle?

3.) Noticed one blue screen on reverse today. Turned the car off and back on, went away. What do they do for this?

4.) Also noticed that upon auto start that it sometimes will throw and error for the auto break. Restart fixed this.

5.) Noticed it hasn't had any updates, are people seeing any advantage for these updates?

6.) Any way to turn off the "we collect data etc" each time it shows up after startup?

7.) A bit off topic , but Noticed a rattle/squeak in the driver side door panel. Does service take people seriously for these rattles and squeaks?

First new car Here, appreciate the answers or links.
1. I agree that would be nice, I have not found a way to do that but does not mean it can't be done.
2. I believe so, because mine does that automatically. Go thru the vehicle settings and you should find something pertaining to the seats and steering wheel.
3. There is a recall for that. I suggest downloading the fordpass app to your phone and scanning your VIN into the app. It will tell you any time there is an active recall and has some pretty cool other features as well.
4. I have only had that happen when I set the parking brake and try to drive off without releasing it. If I park at a store or something and don't use the parking brake I do not get that message. Do you get it every single time you start it?
5. I would definitely update the software. I connected mine to my home WIFI and it took about two hours to download and install itself.
6. I don't know how, but I would say yes because I have never gotten that message at startup either.
7. I've heard/seen quite a few people say they have rattles in the doors or sounds of windows being slightly open when they're not. Mine does not have any kinds of those noises, so I would recommend having them check it out when you get the camera recall work done. If it happens all the time, it should be an easy thing for them to find and correct.

Keep an eye on the driver window switch. The silver part on mine has started to sort of peel off a bit from the plastic and it has sort of a sharp edge to it. I've read of other people slicing their finger on it.

Fun vehicle overall and gets surprisingly good mileage for how heavy and powerful it is.

OP
C

Catch22

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
1. I agree that would be nice, I have not found a way to do that but does not mean it can't be done.
2. I believe so, because mine does that automatically. Go thru the vehicle settings and you should find something pertaining to the seats and steering wheel.
3. There is a recall for that. I suggest downloading the fordpass app to your phone and scanning your VIN into the app. It will tell you any time there is an active recall and has some pretty cool other features as well.
4. I have only had that happen when I set the parking brake and try to drive off without releasing it. If I park at a store or something and don't use the parking brake I do not get that message. Do you get it every single time you start it?
5. I would definitely update the software. I connected mine to my home WIFI and it took about two hours to download and install itself.
6. I don't know how, but I would say yes because I have never gotten that message at startup either.
7. I've heard/seen quite a few people say they have rattles in the doors or sounds of windows being slightly open when they're not. Mine does not have any kinds of those noises, so I would recommend having them check it out when you get the camera recall work done. If it happens all the time, it should be an easy thing for them to find and correct.

Keep an eye on the driver window switch. The silver part on mine has started to sort of peel off a bit from the plastic and it has sort of a sharp edge to it. I've read of other people slicing their finger on it.

Fun vehicle overall and gets surprisingly good mileage for how heavy and powerful it is.

Yes the silver chrome tape is peeling off mine as well. Pretty annoying. Not the parking brake. But the brake assist button on the console.

I can't seem to find the setting to have it auto start the massage and heated seats, looked all through the menus.

I'll check into doing the updates. On the dodge it really bricked some features and sport mode was disabled one time.

Ill.download Ford pass and see what else I need to get checked. The vehicle had 20k on it when I bought it. I also wish you could adjust the steer by wire settings. I thought this was pretty slick from the dodge. Firm it up for higher speeds and loosen it for daily driving.

But the dodge u connect is total rubbish. So very happy with the u.i. on the sync.