Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Reactions
Greetings one and all!

I'm Adam/KNTRDR from Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

Not an ST owner yet but I've settled on it as what my next vehicle is going to be. I've already test driven a couple of them and watched/read every review I could find in magazines and online up until this point (as you can tell, I'm the kind of person who agonizes over these kind of decisions and does a LOT of homework prior to major purchases). My impressions so far are positive, but of course it's hard to tell for absolutely certain when one can only drive a car for 10 or 20 minutes at a time. I have an appointment at another dealer next Wednesday the 15th to go and hopefully get some further impressions and talk some turkey.

In the meantime, in the spirit of doing my homework, and being a big believer in forum communities and the collective wisdom of fellow owners, here I am. I look forward to sifting through what you all have to say.

Happy to be here.
Best,
Adam/KNTRDR

OHST

Reactions
Welcome Adam! I agree with Frank, just pull the trigger and start off the new year with a big smile.

Reactions
Welcome to the group

Reactions
Love mine. Go for it.

Reactions
Love mine. So fun to drive!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Thanks everybody. From what I've seen so far on the forums it seems like there have been some fit & finish issues and some nagging little noises that people are having a hard time tracking down, but for the most part no major issues with these vehicles. Fit & finish and ironing out other such wrinkles are of course expected in the first year of a brand new model/redesign such as this so that's not scaring me off. Besides, I'm used to my old car that has all the fit & finish falling apart and makes more noises than I thought a car could.

Off to talk to the local Ford dealership tomorrow and see what happens.

Reactions
Keep in mind the grins after driving the ST doesn't wear off. Best of luck with the visit tomorrow.

Thanks everybody. From what I've seen so far on the forums it seems like there have been some fit & finish issues and some nagging little noises that people are having a hard time tracking down, but for the most part no major issues with these vehicles. Fit & finish and ironing out other such wrinkles are of course expected in the first year of a brand new model/redesign such as this so that's not scaring me off. Besides, I'm used to my old car that has all the fit & finish falling apart and makes more noises than I thought a car could.

Off to talk to the local Ford dealership tomorrow and see what happens.

OP
KNTRDR
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Keep in mind the grins after driving the ST doesn't wear off. Best of luck with the visit tomorrow.
I'm starting to get that impression, yes.

The salesman won today. This was the third test drive of one of these cars that I've taken and I got to test out a few more features as well, even the Apple Carplay, and it won me over. They're having to build mine though because of the combination of the colour I want and the options I wanted deleted. I'll be waiting for a bit now, most likely until late March or early April is what I'm being told.

Reactions
I'm starting to get that impression, yes.

The salesman won today. This was the third test drive of one of these cars that I've taken and I got to test out a few more features as well, even the Apple Carplay, and it won me over. They're having to build mine though because of the combination of the colour I want and the options I wanted deleted. I'll be waiting for a bit now, most likely until late March or early April is what I'm being told.
Congrats on the order.