Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Member with Thermal exhaust installed today!

Reactions
Hello to all and to those more senior guys thank you for all the information you've put out there or questions answered. I picked up my Rapid Rd St back in December and finally last month started jumping hard in to the mods. Items ordered but not yet installed...whipple IC, HR springs, new blacked out emblems front and rear and jlt separator.

Installed Turbosmart BOV a week ago and today installed the downpipe back exhaust by Thermal. It is a MASSIVE upgrade of the stock system and not difficult at all to install. Took about 2 hours this morning using ramps under rear wheels by myself. Big thanks to @ron@whooshmotorsports for being on top of all of these orders. Exhaust was ordered late last week and delivered in two very well packaged boxes even though UPS decided to deliver them about 8 hours apart.

Thanks again to all those contributing!

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Pictures and a review would be good.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome aboard

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hello to all and to those more senior guys thank you for all the information you've put out there or questions answered. I picked up my Rapid Rd St back in December and finally last month started jumping hard in to the mods. Items ordered but not yet installed...whipple IC, HR springs, new blacked out emblems front and rear and jlt separator.

Installed Turbosmart BOV a week ago and today installed the downpipe back exhaust by Thermal. It is a MASSIVE upgrade of the stock system and not difficult at all to install. Took about 2 hours this morning using ramps under rear wheels by myself. Big thanks to @ron@whooshmotorsports for being on top of all of these orders. Exhaust was ordered late last week and delivered in two very well packaged boxes even though UPS decided to deliver them about 8 hours apart.

Thanks again to all those contributing!
new to mods, but fairly handy and look forward to trying some stuff. Turbosmart BOV page, what exactly does it do to help performance? What did you notice was such a massive upgrade? Also, when you buy an Exhaust like that, does it require welding or does it just flange up and bolt together off a downpipe or something? thanks!

Reactions
new to mods, but fairly handy and look forward to trying some stuff. Turbosmart BOV page, what exactly does it do to help performance? What did you notice was such a massive upgrade? Also, when you buy an Exhaust like that, does it require welding or does it just flange up and bolt together off a downpipe or something? thanks!
UNBROKEN has done exhaust and performance mods to his ST. Check his thread he has lots of pictures and explanations of his build.