Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New member from N.E. Ohio

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Hi, I'm Mike and I live in the western suburbs of Cleveland. I have a 21 ST in atlas blue as my DD, my wife has a 20 edge ST in performance blue as her DD, and I also have a 17 mustang GT convertible in grabber blue as my summer toy.

Attachments

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Prior to my ST, I had an 18 explorer sport that was a lease. Just as the used car market was about to explode, my local dealer made me an offer to buyback my sport and get me out of the lease free and clear even tho I had 8 payments left. They gave me 33.5 for the 18, after a good cleaning and CPO inspection it hit the used lot for 37,995 and sold in two days. It only had 19K miles on it. My ST was stickered at 55,700 and I got it for 51 with x-plan. I got lucky and found one without a sunroof and no roof rails, hence the low sticker price. The dealership tried to talk me into one with sunroof because they were easier to find, I told them that every truck and suv I've had from them in the last 20 years had a sunroof and I never used one of them. I also told them that if I wanted wind in my hair and sun in my face I have a convertible for that.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I purchased an autostop eliminator for my wife's edge and she loved it so when I knew I was getting an EX ST I ordered one for it. I showed up the day before I took delivery. I watched the install video, saw how easy it was so I took the tools and the eliminator with me to the dealership and installed it in the prep lane while they were getting the paperwork ready. A few weeks later I purchased and installed a JLT oil/air separator and a pair of redline tuning hood struts. I also installed a UPR billet oil drain plug, and when I got my covid vaccine money I bought a set of steeda lowering springs and a steeda rear sway bar. I also put on some overlay stickers for the EXPLORER letters on the liftgate. I also have a set of tunes from 5 star tuning and am currently running the 93 performance tune from them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081D6RB2V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

Last edited:

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard Mike

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey N Olmsted guy, why did you get the autostart stop eliminator when the tune probably has it turned off permanently? You could have saved $100.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I already had the autostop before I got it tuned. If I would have known the tuner could turn it off, I would have waited until I got the tune.

How did you know I'm from North Olmsted? I just joined today and I didn't mention it in any post. I know, I looked at all 10 of my posts.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Love the Atlas Blue LOL.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How did you know I'm from North Olmsted? I just joined today and I didn't mention it in any post. I know, I looked at all 10 of my posts.
I am on the other forum, but different username.

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Oh, so your themishmosh over at explorerforum.com?

Reactions
Any Ohio ST's going to Hangover Nationals at dragway 42 on January 1st?

OP
I Bleed Ford Blue

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Not me, I gotta work New Years day. The pitfalls of working in a steel mill, neither rain nor snow or holiday they never shut down. It's cheaper to pay us holiday pay than to shut down and risk furnace damage if it cools down to much.