Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New guy and first "mod"

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm new here, just picked up an Iconic Silver ST on August 3rd. Only options are tech pack and street pack.

I posted my first post here to mention my first "mod". The dealer installed the front license plate holder but in KY front license plates are not a thing. So I had to remove it and had 3 holes in my front fascia (two in the painted area and one in the unpainted area). Well I purchased painted bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com. It may seem like a small, stupid thing, but for anyone that has had to deal with holes in the bumper from a license plate cover, they understand the annoyance.The paint bumper plugs are a pretty close match (not perfect but close enough) but the paint quality is really good, I got them 3 days earlier than expected, and they retroactively refunded me 10% for a military discount without me even asking them to.

Needless to say, I'm fairly pleased with my purchase.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Welcome ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Welcome ...

Thanks! I've already read your entire build thread, good stuff you got going on there.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thanks brother. Looking forward to seeing what you do

OP
D

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Well I know catch cans were big on the mustangs and the F-150's. Do the Explorers have the same issue?

Reactions
From one "New Guy" to another... Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Well I know catch cans were big on the mustangs and the F-150's. Do the Explorers have the same issue?
after 1500 miles i had 1oz of oil in my can... it will be an issue on ALL direct injected engine.

Reactions
So, just got my BumperPlugs today…took off the front plate and WTF. There are 3 holes? And they arent screws. How do you remove these? And what did you use to plug the whole in the unpainted part? Or did you leave it?
665B2714-472D-4F1C-9B1C-F94A62FA224B.jpeg
Not very happy with 3 holes…I hate front plates with a passion.

Reactions
So, just got my BumperPlugs today…took off the front plate and WTF. There are 3 holes? And they arent screws. How do you remove these? And what did you use to plug the whole in the unpainted part? Or did you leave it?
View attachment 5857
Not very happy with 3 holes…I hate front plates with a passion.
Plastic rivets. Just drill them out.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Plastic rivets. Just drill them out.
and any autoparts store will have black textured plastic push rivets that fit in that hole.

Reactions
Thanks! Not sure I’m going to be thrilled with having that plastic rivet filling the 3rd hole. Oh well. I’ll see what I can do.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks! Not sure I’m going to be thrilled with having that plastic rivet filling the 3rd hole. Oh well. I’ll see what I can do.
Not really a "Rivet" they are a push pin or "Christmas Tree" like what the Bumper plugs are. I scuffed mine with 600 grit sandpaper and sprayed it with matte black to match the trim better.
IMG_1448.JPG

Reactions
Those look good! I need to get rid of my front plate bracket as well. Terrible that they put these on this way!