Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New and buying bolt ons

LopsidedST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21’ Explorer ST
New to the ST platform and turbos.
To make a long story short, I can’t do a tune for a good bit but everything else is allowed. Have intercooler,axle back exhaust, charge pipe and BOV, and diffy stiffy coming.

I know that the tune will help and is best to do but it’s not an option. Anything else to help enhance the driving experience.
Not gonna lower it, back and knee are bad as it is

Attachments

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. I would make one suggestion and that is cancel the diffy stiffy. There has been posts where they have failed. AWR,ID Speed or Steeda would be a much better option. Just my 2cents.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What do the back and knees have to do with lowering springs? Doesn't bother my back or knees! Also rear sway bar and subframe bushing support kit. Also, who exactly is in charge here?

OP
L

LopsidedST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21’ Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
What do the back and knees have to do with lowering springs? Doesn't bother my back or knees! Also rear sway bar and subframe bushing support kit. Also, who exactly is in charge here?
do you want the long story?
I said knee, not knees.

OP
L

LopsidedST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21’ Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. I would make one suggestion and that is cancel the diffy stiffy. There has been posts where they have failed. AWR,ID Speed or Steeda would be a much better option. Just my 2cents.
I’ll do that. Thanks!

OP
L

LopsidedST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21’ Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
AWR ordered. Thanks for the input!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The IC will help without a tune if you do a lot of long pulls. The diff brace really isn’t needed without a hot tune..which you say you won’t have. The exhaust will be nothing but a sound change…if that’s what you’re after then go for it but if you think it’ll add power, save your money. Same for the BOV…it’ll make some fun noises but zero performance benefit.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
To make a long story short, I can’t do a tune for a good bit but everything else is allowed. Have intercooler,axle back exhaust, charge pipe and BOV, and diffy stiffy coming.

I know that the tune will help and is best to do but it’s not an option. Anything else to help enhance the driving experience.
Welcome to the forum

OP
L

LopsidedST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21’ Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
The IC will help without a tune if you do a lot of long pulls. The diff brace really isn’t needed without a hot tune..which you say you won’t have. The exhaust will be nothing but a sound change…if that’s what you’re after then go for it but if you think it’ll add power, save your money. Same for the BOV…it’ll make some fun noises but zero performance benefit.
Thanks!!

that’s about right, the diff brace I’m still doing for peace of mind. I do want the sound from the exhaust and same from the BOV. It’s my first turbo vehicle and I wanna hear the psshhh

A tune will happen, just have to wait for about a year:-/

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.