Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New 2023 owner

airtroop01

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Just picked up a murdered out black/black 2023 ST last night. I’m in the SF Bay Area, California. It’s equipped with the 401A package, technology package but, no 360* camera. They pulled it out with 7mi on the odometer and I test drove it 10 miles. Drove it around and it sits in my driveway now with 78.

Did not expect to like it this much but it definitely made me smile. I am already looking forward to voiding the warranty with a Whipple Stage 1, Steeda suspension, and maybe a catback to wake things up a bit more.

Attachments

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Just picked up a murdered out black/black 2023 ST last night. I’m in the SF Bay Area, California. It’s equipped with the 401A package, technology package but, no 360* camera. They pulled it out with 7mi on the odometer and I test drove it 10 miles. Drove it around and it sits in my driveway now with 78.

Did not expect to like it this much but it definitely made me smile. I am already looking forward to voiding the warranty with a Whipple Stage 1, Steeda suspension, and maybe a catback to wake things up a bit more.
Welcome to the forum from a former Concord resident!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum. Fellow Bay Area owner here. Congrats on the purchase! These things are awesome. I own my 2nd one and still smile every time I drive it.

OP
A

airtroop01

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Already got my first 2 mods lined up - Steeda springs and the rear swaybar. Still debating on exhaust since it’s missing a little growl.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I did a real simple exhaust upgrade by replacing the mufflers and it sounds very good in my opinion. But it probably would not be a good upgrade if you plan on doing any performance mods as 90% of the stock exhaust is in place. I replaced the stock mufflers with Paradox Hot Tamale mufflers.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I did a real simple exhaust upgrade by replacing the mufflers and it sounds very good in my opinion. But it probably would not be a good upgrade if you plan on doing any performance mods as 90% of the stock exhaust is in place. I replaced the stock mufflers with Paradox Hot Tamale mufflers.
I haven't heard of those before but just went to the website. They had a 3.5 EcoBoost sample (F150, single exhaust) but no ST. Could you post a sound clip if you get the chance? Also, I've never done anything with exhaust, I assume these are welded in vs. the bolt together kits I've seen?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had mine welded in at my local muffler shop. All in, i'm just under $400 in cost. I'll work on getting a clip posted. Not too savvy on that stuff. But I just listened to the F150 on the Paradox website and that is similar to what mine sounds like.

OP
A

airtroop01

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
I had mine welded in at my local muffler shop. All in, i'm just under $400 in cost. I'll work on getting a clip posted. Not too savvy on that stuff. But I just listened to the F150 on the Paradox website and that is similar to what mine sounds like.
Yeah, I would definitely be interested to hear it!
for now, I’m interested in the sound improvement and at least give some time for any factory powertrain warranty issues to show their face before letting FoMoCo off the hook. I am not yet sure if I have to worry about the differential bolt issue at stock power levels or anything else.

I did order the strut tower brace and the front swaybar to complete the Steeda suspension. So, hopefully I am corner carving this rig soon.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
for now, I’m interested in the sound improvement and at least give some time for any factory powertrain warranty issues to show their face before letting FoMoCo off the hook. I am not yet sure if I have to worry about the differential bolt issue at stock power levels or anything else.

I did order the strut tower brace and the front swaybar to complete the Steeda suspension. So, hopefully I am corner carving this rig soon.
Here's the link to the F-150 sound clip he was talking about:

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
We're in the same area. My office is in San Mateo and I live in Marin so I commute through the city every day. I'm sure we can figure out a time and place to get together.