Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New 2022 On Order

2022ST

Reactions
Got an optioned out forged green 2022 on order from my local dealership. I'm just here checking out some of the mods people have done to the ST platform. Specifically I was curious about what after market wheels people have been going with and if the people have had good experiences with suspension upgrades or if the high performance package suspension is best left alone.

Reactions
Got an optioned out forged green 2022 on order from my local dealership. I'm just here checking out some of the mods people have done to the ST platform. Specifically I was curious about what after market wheels people have been going with and if the people have had good experiences with suspension upgrades or if the high performance package suspension is best left alone.
The 2022 Explorer orders are open? I thought they weren’t available yet. Any other changes besides a new color?

F=MA

Reactions
I wouldn't mind if they came out with "Broke My Banana Yellow" :eek: 2021-Ford-Explorer-CM2-Custom-Gloss-Black-2-of-8.jpg

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Broke My Banana Yellow sounds like something Chrysler would have had in the 70’s Lol. (y)

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Screaming Yellow Zonker color!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Why would they still have the 21 model year's still available to order if the 22's had already hit the market? Seems weird.

OP

2022ST

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
The 2022 Explorer orders are open? I thought they weren’t available yet. Any other changes besides a new color?
They aren't officially open. But to make an order for a 21 now doesn't make since the 22 will be out by the time I get the order filled. I just told my guy all the options I want on the 21 and to call me if any of the options and packages change. He said that they'll be open to place orders any day and will put mine in right away. So technically they rent available yet but also technically I have mine on order with my dealer.

He did say that there really aren't any major changes other than colors. But I guess we will find out

Reactions
They aren't officially open. But to make an order for a 21 now doesn't make since the 22 will be out by the time I get the order filled. I just told my guy all the options I want on the 21 and to call me if any of the options and packages change. He said that they'll be open to place orders any day and will put mine in right away. So technically they rent available yet but also technically I have mine on order with my dealer.

He did say that there really aren't any major changes other than colors. But I guess we will find out
Makes sense! Thanks for the update.

Reactions
what options did you get?

Reactions
Reactions
He said that they'll be open to place orders any day and will put mine in right away.
Nice! Would you mind updating this thread when you hear that your order is officially placed? I'm holding off to make a purchase until the 2022s are available. Thanks!

Reactions
Just checked on the Explorer Timberline
Like a lot of the options but can only get the 4 banger in it "FOOEY"
That killed it for me
Would be a great vehicle option if the 3.0L V6 dual turbo engine was available
2021 Ford Explorer Timberline: Live Photo Gallery (fordauthority.com)
Geez, they're still putting chrome lug nuts on the black wheels. You'd think they would figure out people don't like that but, then again, maybe they have and that is why for just $233 you can get a set of black Ford Performance lug nuts, lol. After the sale sales.