Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Navigation sound garbled

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
2020 ST with Bose sound system and recently the navigation prompts are very garbled, sound as if the speaker is blown, was thinking it would use the Audio systems speakers for Navigation, but talk radio sounds fine over the sound system. Only the directions from the factory sound system sound bad.
Any ideas?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Navigation comes from the center speaker on the B&O system. I would pop the cover and unscrew the speaker and check to make sure the harness is fully plugged in. I think you might be right that it's blown though.

OP
Dgoebel57

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Navigation comes from the center speaker on the B&O system. I would pop the cover and unscrew the speaker and check to make sure the harness is fully plugged in. I think you might be right that it's blown though.
Thanks, CDubya, Will have to decide if I'm just gonna replace with stock or upgrade....

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There are tabs and screw holes for stock. Aftermarket speakers will need some work and cannot have too much depth. It looks like the same 3" speakers that are in the doors.

OP
Dgoebel57

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Yep it was the dash speaker that fried, unplugged it, now all navigation voices come from door speakers with no distortion. Heading to Crutchfield to look for suitable no-mod substitutions Like the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C 3 1/2".

Last edited: