Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FS Mrt extreme axleback

Reactions
For sale, mrt extreme axleback, Powder coated in black.Was on the vehicle for 700 miles

Total cost on their site is $1025, open to offers.

The car sounded great but valvetronic mufflers were put on.

Attachments

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I believe you have to post a pic of the item for sale along with a sign with your screen name, the date, and explorer ST.org

Admin implemented this requirement to weed out scammers, it's to prove you are who you say you are and you actually do have the item for sale.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Thank and yes please include some photos

Reactions
How is your experience so far with the Valvetronic? Also pulled the trigger on those ones. Will be getting them on Friday. Did you also replaced the resonator with an X or H pipe? Any drone when valves are open?

OP
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
How is your experience so far with the Valvetronic? Also pulled the trigger on those ones. Will be getting them on Friday. Did you also replaced the resonator with an X or H pipe? Any drone when valves are open?
No drone at all on the valvetronic, the j pipe mitigates drone whether valves are opened or closed?

I did not put the xpipe on after seeing @Twurbo Noob post on the valvetronic thread, but after talking to him he seems very happy, so I'm contemplating doing an x pipe next.

The biggest difference I noticed between the axleback and the valvetronic was the interior noise, the valvetronic is just as loud without sound leaking to the interior/rear seats. The 2-3k rpm range had drone with the axleback. Once you get settled into a cruising speed it's fine, the axleback is best if the car is gonna be somewhat modded, it adds a more muscle tone to the vehicle and I got so many compliments on the exhaust.

Overall extremely happy with the valvetronic, basically it’s loud on throttle and muffled when it's idling or cruising around.

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts