Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

MrBoom_5.0 build

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I have to say, being someone who likes OEM stock appearance and shuns aftermarket mods, this is done very tastefully and some of what you have done could easily be picked up by Ford and used on the next version of the ST. The carbon fiber is just the right amount and not obtrusive looking. Well done!

PS: Don't forget the red carbon fiber start/stop button cover.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/products/key-fob-cover-keychain-accessories-aa3755

OP
MrBoom_5.0

MrBoom_5.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #102
I have to say, being someone who likes OEM stock appearance and shuns aftermarket mods, this is done very tastefully and some of what you have done could easily be picked up by Ford and used on the next version of the ST. The carbon fiber is just the right amount and not obtrusive looking. Well done!

PS: Don't forget the red carbon fiber start/stop button cover.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/products/key-fob-cover-keychain-accessories-aa3755

Dude, that made life easier and will go sith the steering wheel! I didnt even think about the push button! Just showed the wife and it was "oh ****, i love it" 2020-ford-explorer-carbon-fiber-steering-wheel-657_900x.jpg Screenshot_20220210-213037_Instagram.jpg

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Did you just mod the OEM wheel or is that a completely new aftermarket wheel?

OP
MrBoom_5.0

MrBoom_5.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #105
Time for baseline power numbers 20220217_204554.jpg 20220217_204554.jpg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It would be very interesting if you could make a pull without the air filter installed. That's just to demonstrate the optimum that could be realized for those looking at CAI systems.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Speaking of cold air intakes, the AFE showed up today!
Mine showed up today also but it’s the dry set up and I thought I ordered oiled. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstforefn

Reactions
Would you be willing to share a little more detail on the LED DRL setup you used here? I just want amber/white switchbacks with the ability to select whether the DRL is amber or white, like the new Cherokees but don't want to buy cheap strips. Are you using individually addressable LEDs or a prefab srtip?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Would you be willing to share a little more detail on the LED DRL setup you used here? I just want amber/white switchbacks with the ability to select whether the DRL is amber or white, like the new Cherokees but don't want to buy cheap strips. Are you using individually addressable LEDs or a prefab srtip?
Ditto, really like the look. I'm almost ready to just send @MrBoom_5.0 a bucket of cash and have his business do it. I KNOW I don't have the patience to do what he is doing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Surprised the wife with some parts a little sooner than she was expecting. Doing some assembly today View attachment 9139
What did you do to prep the plastic? I haven't been able to find any premium shop in my area willing to paint the texture black.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Not sure if Mr. Boom is still active on this forum. It says his last activity was in April.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm interested in your impressions of the 50 State tune since I'm in California, nice work!
I just tried to get a ZFG tune and since I am in CA also it wouldnt let me buy it. I thought it was funny. I will have a buddy order it for me thats not in CA. Im kinda used to this with gun stuff so not a huge deal.
If you stay with intercooler and tune only you will not have to worry about smog. everything else is not Ca legal.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I just tried to get a ZFG tune and since I am in CA also it wouldnt let me buy it. I thought it was funny. I will have a buddy order it for me thats not in CA. Im kinda used to this with gun stuff so not a huge deal.
If you stay with intercooler and tune only you will not have to worry about smog. everything else is not Ca legal.
@Rocketw19 looks like im down the street from you!

2Also, California started checking for active tunes on vehicles during smog checks as of 2020 so you will fail. We have almost 6 years before they start requiring a smog so thats not a big deal and one of the benefits of the ZFG (I believe) is that you can go back to stock, smog, pass and then go back to your turn.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
@Rocketw19 looks like im down the street from you!

2Also, California started checking for active tunes on vehicles during smog checks as of 2020 so you will fail. We have almost 6 years before they start requiring a smog so thats not a big deal and one of the benefits of the ZFG (I believe) is that you can go back to stock, smog, pass and then go back to your turn.
Yes all tunes you can go back to stock.
good call on the new car not needing to smog for 5 years. I forgot all about that. Typically don’t keep long enough.
where you at? I’ve seen a white ST a few time this last few days.