Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Mind of its own!

Reactions
Last evening my wife and I were doing our normal thing siting out in garage watching tv with a glass of wine and suddenly the ST lit up like was going somewhere without us. I mean all lights head, tail, all interior and dash. Everything except engine? Cycled the start stop a few times opened and closed doors a couple of times and it finally shut down. Ghosts! Jim

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
When off sometimes my ST will make weird noises and was told it was communication checks between the car and app. However, what you described is totally different with the lights and all.

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
When off sometimes my ST will make weird noises and was told it was communication checks between the car and app. However, what you described is totally different with the lights and all.
Yup. They all make noises but this was almost funny. If the garage door would’ve opened I really would have been concerned!

hbalek

Reactions
I've had a glitch with the headlamps switch malfunctioning where the lights come on when the vehicle is parked and when you get in, you will see that the amber indicator light on the switch panel is off even though the lights are on. Once you turn them off and back on the amber light comes back and the switch resets. This sucks because it's my first vehicle with a virtual switch knob. It literally just turns infinitely without a mechanical and electrical setting using electronics and software I imagine to get the job done. As they say KISS: keep it simple stupid. Ford has so many electrical and electronic/software glitches throughout their vehicles that using this type of switch made things unnecessarily complicated.

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I've had a glitch with the headlamps switch malfunctioning where the lights come on when the vehicle is parked and when you get in, you will see that the amber indicator light on the switch panel is off even though the lights are on. Once you turn them off and back on the amber light comes back and the switch resets. This sucks because it's my first vehicle with a virtual switch knob. It literally just turns infinitely without a mechanical and electrical setting using electronics and software I imagine to get the job done. As they say KISS: keep it simple stupid. Ford has so many electrical and electronic/software glitches throughout their vehicles that using this type of switch made things unnecessarily complicated.
I believe your on to something. Guess I’ll just keep an eye on it ! Thanks!

hbalek

Reactions
I believe your on to something. Guess I’ll just keep an eye on it ! Thanks!
I've had this intermittently for years but haven't had it looked it. It only happens a couple times a year lately but a few years ago it was more frequent then stopped. It has never killed the battery I guess it shuts off sometimes before I even discover the problem. I usually know when I open the door and hear the chime for lights on and then look and nothing is on.

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I've had this intermittently for years but haven't had it looked it. It only happens a couple times a year lately but a few years ago it was more frequent then stopped. It has never killed the battery I guess it shuts off sometimes before I even discover the problem. I usually know when I open the door and hear the chime for lights on and then look and nothing is on.[/QUOTE

Giving all the crap with these vehicles, not going to worry about it. Still love the vehicle. Thanks!