Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Mild Engine Dress Up options

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I know there is not much out there to dress this engine up but I’ve contacted Boomba and they are sending me some items to test fit from other Ford models. So far we are going to try the following if anyone is interested.

Dip Stick
Coolant Cap
Wiper fluid cap
Oil cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I know there is not much out there to dress this engine up but I’ve contacted Boomba and they are sending me some items to test fit from other Ford models. So far we are going to try the following if anyone is interested.

Dip Stick
Coolant Cap
Wiper fluid cap
Oil cap

I've seen those off the Ford Ranger - the fitment is almost perfect but still at $50 for 1 billet aluminum cap...Been struggling to pull the trigger.

I absolutely loathe how underwhelming our engine bay is...I have a Gloss Red FenFab CAI getting installed and (eventually) Charge Pipes, Coolant tank & Strut Tower Brace when they get fabbed.

Agree that those Boomba caps/dipstick add some subtle texture... but looking for something with more bang for buck with the $200 spent.

Keep us posted and see what else they can come up with!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I have the pattern made for my ECM cover but my other truck is taking all my time right now…haven’t had a chance to build the final piece.

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I've seen those off the Ford Ranger - the fitment is almost perfect but still at $50 for 1 billet aluminum cap...Been struggling to pull the trigger.

I absolutely loathe how underwhelming our engine bay is...I have a Gloss Red FenFab CAI getting installed and (eventually) Charge Pipes, Coolant tank & Strut Tower Brace when they get fabbed.

Agree that those Boomba caps/dipstick add some subtle texture... but looking for something with more bang for buck with the $200 spent.

Keep us posted and see what else they can come up with!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I’m not paying that ;)

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I have the pattern made for my ECM cover but my other truck is taking all my time right now…haven’t had a chance to build the final piece.
Nice it’s def a nice touch

I think I am gonna have my local shop make one as well.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice it’s def a nice touch

I think I am gonna have my local shop make one as well.

I have a 50K sqft sheet metal/fab shop attached to my office. I can probably crank a couple out when I finalize them. lol

OP
Nbk4t5e

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I have a 50K sqft sheet metal/fab shop attached to my office. I can probably crank a couple out when I finalize them. lol
Lol. No overhead cost !