Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Memory seat not remembering position

wb0hhm

Reactions
I see several posts on memory seat problems , my problem is the same drivers seat keeps moving forward , have to slide back about
every time getting in vehicle.
had dealer service check , I think they just reflashed seat module

if someone has gotten this fixed for good , please Email me with information on dealer phone number or any information so don’t
have to reinvent the wheel , someone must know the fix for this problem
Ray wb0hhm@yahoo.com

waxian

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I see several posts on memory seat problems , my problem is the same drivers seat keeps moving forward , have to slide back about
every time getting in vehicle.
had dealer service check , I think they just reflashed seat module

if someone has gotten this fixed for good , please Email me with information on dealer phone number or any information so don’t
have to reinvent the wheel , someone must know the fix for this problem
Ray wb0hhm@yahoo.com
Did you ever have any luck with this? Mine is doing the exact same thing. I feel like it just started within the last 6 months to a year, and I have had the explorer since 7/2022 7/2020.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Did you ever have any luck with this? Mine is doing the exact same thing. I feel like it just started within the last 6 months to a year, and I have had the explorer since 7/2022.
Oh? :rolleyes:

OP
W

wb0hhm

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Have not gotten it repaired , turned off the easy entrance feature and leave seat pretty much in one position .
waiting for somebody to come up with the answer I haven’t pursued it with the dealer for a while will check back before the vehicles out of warranty

Ky8530

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This happens to ours also every so often. No idea why or what to do to fix. Dealer thinks I'm crazy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
This happens on my 2021 Explorer ST and now my 2022 Explorer ST, same crap. Memory seats do not work correctly.

Reactions
This happens on my 2021 Explorer ST and now my 2022 Explorer ST, same crap. Memory seats do not work correctly.
Mine has started moving forward a 1/2 inch every time I use it. I am going to turn off the easy out (does very little fir me anyways) and see if that stops it.

waxian

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My workaround for this is to use the 3rd memory button sort of as a rest. I have it set with the seat the entire way back and the steering wheel up as far as it will go. If my wife was driving the car before me (memory button 2), I hit the 3, get in, start the car, and hit my actual memory button 1. It always ends up in the right spot when I do it that way.

OP
W

wb0hhm

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I had my 2021 platinum worked on a few months ago they changed out the seat memory module
it is much better now , It was really acting up before taking it in for service, moving by itself just
opening door it would move ahead, push the driver right up to dash etc.
but after part replace it still needs adjustment back at times , going to try the trick mentioned above
thanks Ray