Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Massage seats

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So the massage seats were supposed to be an option in the car but they said because of the chip shortage they didn't add it do you think that once they make the chip that that feature can be added back to the car? Are you ready for it?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Well, I believe they said that's not a feature that will be restored (like the rear seat HVAC controls).

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
boo that sucks

thanks

Reactions
My only minor issue with the driver seat “currently” is that the inflatable lumbar support loses air over a few days.

No big deal, but find I have to inflate and re-set the memory.

Anyone else experience this. Am I expecting too much?

l1tech

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
The inflatable lumbar is very susceptible to air pressure changes due to temperature but they should adjust without any input from you (I've felt mine do it). The lumbar can be set to memory and adjust automatically for different memory positions. I find the lumbar useless because I'll set it and have it perfect but once I get out of the seat the air bladder changes form and when I get back in it doesn't form to the contour of my back again unless I deflate it and then reinflate it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
My only minor issue with the driver seat “currently” is that the inflatable lumbar support loses air over a few days.

No big deal, but find I have to inflate and re-set the memory.

Anyone else experience this. Am I expecting too much?
Bro I can’t even finish talking about how much I hate my driver’s seat. Absolutely I have felt the issue you claim. The other major issue I have is how creaky the seat is getting in and out of the car or going around a turn. The best way to describe these “upgraded” seats are “rickety and cheap”. I’d love for Ford to issue a recall on these POS’s