Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Manual Cover

ATL_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So got my new 2022 Atlas Blue last weekend. Is the manual and associated papers supposed to be in a cloth bag with a zip? The books were sealed in cellophane together. When I say a pic of the clip on the Zeus3d website (https://zeus3d.net/products/2020-ford-explorer-st-glove-box-tab) I see a nice little holder for the papers. Basically it is a nicer version of ones I had for older Fords.

Of course with my OCD, I may never sleep again!

Thanks,
Chad

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Ford is being cheap again, my 21 didn't come with a pouch or folder for the manual either. If I would have known before hand, I would have kept the one out of the 18 sport I traded in for my ST.

Last edited:
OP
ATL_ST

ATL_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the confirmation - I suspected that, but wasn't sure.

Reactions
It's pathetic and embarrassing when I'm delivering these new vehicles to customers because of that. I've been taking them from their trades and using those.

Any way to save some money lol.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Wife’s $25,000 EcoSport came with a cover. The $58,000 ST, nope. :rolleyes:

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Another thing ford cheaped out on, hood struts. My wifes edge has them factory, but my 56K ST, nada. We get a stupid prop rod.

OP
ATL_ST

ATL_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I've been looking at the prop rod kits. Any consensus of the one to get? Not wild about drilling either the hood OR the plastic covers.

Reactions
I've been looking at the prop rod kits. Any consensus of the one to get? Not wild about drilling either the hood OR the plastic covers.
I picked up the Redlines where you do have to drill into the hood for the rivets... I was a little worried about it at first but its such a clean install if you do it step by step that it looks factory.

You don't see any drill marks, use touch up paint before you rivet so the metal isn't exposed and then once the struts are in.. they look great. The non drill one looks like they work good but a lot of extra brackets and stuff.. Redlines are super clean.

Huge fan.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I used the redlines too

Reactions
So got my new 2022 Atlas Blue last weekend. Is the manual and associated papers supposed to be in a cloth bag with a zip? The books were sealed in cellophane together. When I say a pic of the clip on the Zeus3d website (https://zeus3d.net/products/2020-ford-explorer-st-glove-box-tab) I see a nice little holder for the papers. Basically it is a nicer version of ones I had for older Fords.

Of course with my OCD, I may never sleep again!

Thanks,
Chad
You can find the Ford Performance binders all over eBay. My ‘20 came with a generic black Ford case but the OCD I have necessitated the FP version. Thanks for the link on the clip, too - they tossed that shortly before my build and Ford doesn’t sell it separately.

CA80D892-5585-4E40-8B99-7D82888844F9.jpeg

OP
ATL_ST

ATL_ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Just shelled out $60 on ebay for one and that appears to be a good deal. Ugh.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I bought a plain ford cover out of a 2020 explorer, came with a 2020 manual and a 2020 quick start guide. It was 20 bucks on ebay but I only wanted the cover. If any one wants or needs a 2020 manual give me a PM. If your local just come get it, I'm in the western suburbs of Cleveland.

BTW the manual is free or best offer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Just shelled out $60 on ebay for one and that appears to be a good deal. Ugh.
Just did the same thing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Received the case purchased on eBay. Major improvement from the shrink wrap. Forrd Performance Case.jpg

hbalek

Reactions
My 2020 came with the case but I have maybe looked at the manual twice in 2 years. I like to use the online version or PDF saved on my laptop. So much easier to find things!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
can confirm that 22's def do not get these either

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
I picked up the Redlines where you do have to drill into the hood for the rivets... I was a little worried about it at first but its such a clean install if you do it step by step that it looks factory.

You don't see any drill marks, use touch up paint before you rivet so the metal isn't exposed and then once the struts are in.. they look great. The non drill one looks like they work good but a lot of extra brackets and stuff.. Redlines are super clean.

Huge fan.
Can third the RedLines...was nervous about drilling into new hood but was super easy. Whoosh makes a non-drill kit that has the aforementioned extra brackets if you're too worried about drilling.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
The only kit i know of that doesnt require drilling is the MRT kit, it also uses shorter struts that attach closer to the hood hinge and dont block as much access to the engine bay.