Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Malfunction indicator lamp

Popeye89

Reactions
This popped up and was in the description. Did anyone bring this into Ford to get fixed? Or were you able to fix it on your own? We don’t have fuel caps and I went to the gas station to top off to see if that would help.

Attachments

Reactions
This popped up and was in the description. Did anyone bring this into Ford to get fixed? Or were you able to fix it on your own? We don’t have fuel caps and I went to the gas station to top off to see if that would help.
I haven't gotten that message, you could try disconnecting the battery for a minute to clear the codes and see if it comes back. Maybe it was a 1 time thing.

hbalek

Reactions
Is the check engine light on? Mine did this at 2000 miles and the dealer reprogrammed the PCM and updated it. Now at almost 18,000 miles it hasn't happened again.

OP
P

Popeye89

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Is the check engine light on? Mine did this at 2000 miles and the dealer reprogrammed the PCM and updated it. Now at almost 18,000 miles it hasn't happened again.
Yeah I got the little engine light in the bottom left corner. I have about 2800 miles on it

OP
P

Popeye89

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I haven't gotten that message, you could try disconnecting the battery for a minute to clear the codes and see if it comes back. Maybe it was a 1 time thing.
I’ll try that tomorrow and see if that works

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think with any car, it's a good idea to invest in a code reader that has specific codes for that model. In our case, that's Forscan (can use free trial) and an adapter like the OBDLink EX or MX+