Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Major backing up issue

Mize442

Reactions
I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.
Let me see if I can describe what is happening.

The following issue randomly happens.

I put my foot on the brake pedal to start my Explorer ST.
Move the rotary gear selector to reverse. What happens next is very scary. The car immediately lurches backwards and then the brakes slam on. This happens over and over.
Also the brake pedal goes stiff. You can't press it down any harder.
The only way I could stop this issue is to put the car back into park. Sometimes this repeats again.

Please let me know if anyone here has had this issue.

Thank you

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Your foot is on the brake pedal the whole time?

OP
M

Mize442

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Oh yeah pressed down as hard as I can.

ST Dad

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

Move the rotary gear selector to reverse. What happens next is very scary. The car immediately lurches backwards and then the brakes slam on. This happens over and over.
The only way I could stop this issue is to put the car back into park. Sometimes this repeats again.

Thank you
This has happened to me as well but only once, it really freaked me out but thankfully I was in my driveway and not backed in the garage like I usually am.

ST Dad

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Right now I am having an issue with my rear hatch opening by itself when I open one of the rear passenger doors, has this happened to anyone else?

Nbk4t5e

Reactions

Thank you
This has happened several times with me. When it happens again release the brake pedal completely and then press down again and it should be back to normal …. releasing the stiffness and pressure on the pedal. Not saying this is the fix but it’s become a habit for me when it does and it works. When it happened the first couple times I did the same thing and put it into park and sometimes turned the truck off.

Next time .. just release the brake and quickly engaged without putting in park…. Should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTchick

Reactions
Right now I am having an issue with my rear hatch opening by itself when I open one of the rear passenger doors, has this happened to anyone else?
Do you still experience this? Did you find a fix? Mine opens randomly when I lock the driver's side back door using the touch feature.