Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Magnaflow Exhaust On 2021 Explorer ST

F=MA

Reactions
Came across this video. Sounds pretty good. Has anyone here actually installed this system on thier ST? Would love to see more photos of how it actually looks from the rear of the ST low down. Magnaflow has one photo of a silver ST but its too far away to clearly see the parts hanging beneath the spare tire.

Last edited:
Reactions
I am looking to get magnaflow and spd downpipes installed on my explorer. Have a quote from one tuner shop and he is booked till late February. And with Covid and parts delay they are saying it would take that long to get all the parts anyway. I am excited and nervous cause I have only seen the same videos. Haven’t seen any magnaflow installs. But I think I am going to pull the trigger and do it! Besides you get the 2.5 inch piping which will help the suv with the exhaust flow better and intern more power. I’ll keep you posted on what I do!

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I installed both a magnaflow and SPD downpipes and it sounds really good.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Does it drone near 2000 rpm? Stock, Borla S-type and Magnaflow #19515. IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_2290xx.jpg
IMG_6164.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG
IMG_6156.JPG

Last edited:
OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Other things I have gleaned, over time, regarding the Magnaflow #19515 exhaust system. Multiple vehicles I have seen with this exhaust system (equipped with SPD downpipes) have the tail pipes sticking out about an extra half inch versus this system with OEM downpipes. With OEM downpipes the etched MF on the tail pipe ends only protrudes so you see the M whereas the SPD equipped vehicles with this exhaust system the etched MF protrudes fully. The second item is when the air deflector that fits between the OEM mufflers is installed with the Magnaflow #19515 exhaust system the driver side clears with no contact and the passenger side rubs the exhaust pipe for about a square inch of contact. Took the vehicle on the road for two hour drive and the air deflector did not melt so there must be enough air flow combined with being in the cooler portion of the exhaust system. The air deflector helps clean up the rear view of the vehicle. I does look pretty mean from a half block away.

IMG_6609.JPG

IMG_6885 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts