Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lumbar support returns to zero

KegsBdry

Reactions
Seat memory 1 is for me when I'm driving. Seat memory 2 is for my wife. And seat memory 3 is just shy of a full recline (best used when you're suck waiting in the ST).

While I'm waiting to pick up my kid from school, I go to see memory 3. Before I get out of the car, I push the seat memory 1 button. Almost all the settings go back to normal except for the lumbar support. And sometimes this happens after I disengage the massage function.

Is anyone else having this issue with the lumbar not returning to the pre-programmed seat memory settings?

Note: I read that the later ST models do not have three lumbar supports in the front seats, but only one lumbar support. I'm not certain if this is happening on all models or just my 2020 model.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
On my 2021 Platinum I have 3 memory seat positions.
The lumbar support does not always return to the pre-programmed position and it's been like this since day 1.

hbalek

Reactions
On my 2021 Platinum I have 3 memory seat positions.
The lumbar support does not always return to the pre-programmed position and it's been like this since day 1.
The memory settings have no memory on mine and never have. i always have to reset them after I take it to the service department and they move my seat. My settings never go exactly back to where they were before. Almost always I use the massage feature which pretty much negates my lumbar setting anyway because I use full recovery mode which which rolls up and down the lumbar area and the bottom seat cushion.