Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lowering Spring Preventing Warranty Work

LocoLobo

Reactions
I have a '21 ST that has had a vibration in the front end since the first time I drove it in cold weather. When it's parked outside, and it's around/below freezing, it as a horrible vibration. The dealership has never been able to replicate the issue, and it's been at the three different dealerships, four - five times with "we're" not able to replicate it.

Well now I'm at the end of my warranty (200 miles remaining), and I had them check it one last time... and they were able to pinpoint a bad axle. Finally, after almost three years. The thing is, I installed lowering springs around 10k miles ago, and they're claiming that with the lowering springs, ford won't cover the repair.

So my question is: Do I reinstall factory springs and have the work done under warranty OR do I keep it as is, and replace the axle myself. My fear of replacing the axle myself, is if there is something else wrong along the way that would also be covered under warranty.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Less than 200 bucks and less than an hour to swap a front axle….add 30 minutes for a rear axle. Seems a lot easier than reversing drop springs.

OP
L

LocoLobo

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Less than 200 bucks and less than an hour to swap a front axle….add 30 minutes for a rear axle. Seems a lot easier than reversing drop springs.
That was my thought also, but I finally feel validated for them finding it and feel it's principle at this point... I know in my gut you're right though.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That's crazy they would deny warranty work for that. Both of our fronts have been replaced under warranty, while dropped on Steeda springs.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is a pretty easy job if you have to go to yourself. Axle is around $140, get an impact for the axle nut and have at it.

But both my fronts were replaced under warranty and I have Steeda lowering springs, so your dealer is being a dick.