Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lower, Wider, Planted

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thanks to Smithero, Unbroken, F=MA, and others who preceded me in Lowering (H&R Springs), Widening (Bora 1.25"x4), and stiffening (Steeda rear swaybar) my ST.
Just got it back from Springs and bar install, (Did the spacers myself earlier). I know it's dirty, but what an improvement in ride and handling. One of my biggest disappointments
was in how much the ST rocked back when punching it, I swear the front lifted several inches before, Now, No More (well barely any front end lift). It's a sloppy melting snow
all over the roads day, but here's some after pics.
Dirty side after.jpg
Dirty side Front Angle after.jpg
Dirty Front quarter after.jpg
Dirty Front after.jpg

Reactions
Very sharp. wow

F=MA

Reactions
Awesome !! I hear you about the front end lift. In the old days (at the drag strip) we had to use 90/10 front shocks (50/50 rear) to get the front end to lift quickly so as to transfer more load to the back wheels. Took the wife out after the ZFG E50 tune was dialed in and I hadn't installed the H&R springs yet. Upon acceleration the front end jumped up and I swear if the seat backs weren't so tall she would have been tossed into the back seat. So maybe the front end lift was a good thing. :unsure:

Just a reminder if someone wants to add Bora spacers to thier St (and they do not want to wait a month to get them custom made) I have a brand new set never used (1.25 in rear, 1.00 in front) listed in the For Sale section. I bought them and then decided (while they were being made) I might want to change wheels and tires.

Last edited: