Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Lower valance replacement

JJB

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
My '21 ST is going to the body shop to replace the lower valance (all the black pieces under the bumper cover) after hitting a coyote. Does anybody have recomendations on upgrades for these parts? Are ST, XLT or Timberline interchangeable?
Has anyone had these painted body color? Mine is Atlas Blue. Any other exterior ideas while it is in the body shop?

The radiator will also be replaced, does anybody make a gaurd that goes behind the valance parts to protect the condensor and radiator? The appear to be vulnerable.

Thanks for the ideas!

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
ST has a different front balance than all of those. Timberline is off road oriented and doesn’t look good with the purpose of the ST. XLT doesn’t have the gloss black “splitter” in the front. Yes, people have painted those pieces, but along with all the other black pieces which is costly due to the prep it takes to paint them. I don’t have a picture of a blue one, but you can search painted trim blue and it will pull it up on Google. IMG_0405.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Any other exterior ideas while it is in the body shop?
Make sure to check if all the underbody pieces are secure.